This thread is locked

Re: March Thread: Promote Your story

For Authors: Post your story promotion as a reply to this thread. 
You can get creative, or you can just post the description, image(if available) and your word count. But most importantly your Royal Road fiction link. 

Note: This is somewhat of a first-come, first-served basis, as the earlier you reply, the more likely your description will be read first. Which is why this new thread for self-promotions is going to be monthly based(to not overflow it). At the start of the next month, we will have a new thread, and you can promote your story there again.

For Readers: Did you want more lists to find stories from? well... here is another one, give the stories a shot! 

https%3A%2F%2Fkentusauthor.files.wordpress.com...header.png

(link)
Categories: Comedy, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, litRPG, Harem (sort of), a bit of possible Romance

Warning: Tagged 15+ for Sexual Innuendos, Strong Language and Violence

Synopsis
Katsuragi Kenta was a gamer. He did exactly what he needed to obtain the games he wanted and the time to play them; nothing more, nothing less. When his entire class is transported to a fantasy world, Kenta is suddenly an expert on their situation and the world around them. Naturally, he sets out on his own to escape his two faced classmates.
Two months later he returns and discovers that Momokawa Kyou, formerly the most popular girl in class, was left behind by their classmates. The two strike up an uneasy alliance despite despising each other. What’s more, they may have to work together to survive a curse.
Kenta will have his hands full surviving his new fantasy world. If the monsters don’t get him, Kyou just might!

Reasons to read the story:
* It's a story in the style of a Japanese Light Novel, written in English by a German; that has to mean something!
* The story mixes well-known cliches with a fresh breath of originality and satire. If you seek new and old at the same time, it may be for you!
* There is a big comedic element involved.
* The MC is neither OP, nor a clear underdog, it's a story about growth in power and personality, and this MC has a lot to grow personality-wise.
* The girls in this harem-story are strong personalities, for better or worse, and have their own wants and needs without any relation to the MC.

Well, geez, I feel a little conflicted because I'm utterly terrified of someone coming along and telling me all my work has been a waste, but at the same time I did stumble on this thread fresh and I know it does a story better to get feedback and views, so I suppose I just gotta suck it up and put it out there instead of hoping more people see my story through the updated section.

Okay, summary. It's a very traditional fantasy, swords and shields, knights, kings, that sort of thing. In a land filled with all sorts of creatures, dragon/human halfbreeds, wolfmen, elves, there's the kobolds, colorful lizard creatures that get treated worse than goblins. Some folks kill them outright, most enslave them. The story centers around a human adventurer who rescues a kobold thief from captivity, befriends more kobolds, and learns all the terrible things his nation does when it comes to the small lizards. The first "book," as I put it, is just under 100,000 words, and we're 11 chapters into the second. Royal Road's page estimator says 501 pages. I assure you, I'm better at prose than summaries, especially when I don't want to say too much and spoil things. Thank you to anyone that so much as reads this post.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/23900/kobold-whisperer

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F8OCXH6S.jpg

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/30029/summoners-journey

Synopsis:
In a magic world on the verge of an industrial revolution, Ari Ragnarsson must uncover the truth behind his parents' disappearance. They were part of an organization known as the Order, which protects mankind from various threats - both human and supernatural.

Now, after Ari's brands finally manifested, he leaves the safety of his village and travels to the continent to learn how to control his powers. For strength is all the matters in this world.

There, he meets a man from another world, who's being hunted for the crime of existing. Their fates become intertwined, but not in a way either of them would like.

Some other info:
This is a progression fantasy with LITRPG elements sprinkled on top. The main character is not a spellsword, but a summoner/support mage hybrid. Since he wasn't ambushed by a random god, there's no cheat item/spell and he has to rely on his skills and wits to survive in a world full of monsters.

The story tries to show the moment when the old starts to be replaced by the new, with a healthy dose of magic and a little steampunk in the background. Also, it revolves around a party dynamic akin to RPG sessions - but this comes into play in the recent chapters when the party finally is formed.

No health/mana bars. Numbers are secondary and the LITRPG elements focus more on classes/spells/runes and their evolutions. Tables are sparse at the beginning, but from chapter 7 onwards they appear more often. Still, I won't be copy-pasting the whole character sheet dozens of times per chapter.

Currently, there are 20 chapters (52k words / 188 pages) and the story is updated bi-weekly.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/27928/the-nephlim-trilogy-qleehl

Synopsis:
Thirteen years ago there was a massacre. A witch hunt of the worst kind with the ashes of innocents falling from the sky.

Now the world is made up of fragile glass, the cracks sharp and jagged. Something that cuts easily and deep, blood dripping from its shards.

The world waits in baited breath, hatred curling deep in the crimson sea boiling right beneath the surface. All it takes is one wrong move and then everything shatters and the world is flooded with blood.

It starts with the girl with the bleeding hair in the middle of the monster filled mountains.
It starts when Ann takes a life that was never hers to take.
It starts with Felix asking a boy if he wants to change the world.
It starts when Mihr falls apart.
It starts with a bloody smile and an apology.

It ends when every shard drowns and nothing remains of what they once knew.

Extra Information:
This is the first book in a trilogy. Once finished it will have approximately 31 chapters that average 5.5k words per chapter. I am currently up to 58k words with 11 chapters posted at the time of this post. Updates are (at least) 1 chapter every month, with some give since my job takes me away from the internet for months at a time. There will eventually be artwork with every chapter.

This story follows three main protagonists with a few chapters about other characters that come to play later. The first book in the trilogy is the beginning of a civil war that gets covered in the second and third book. In this story magic is a disease that can kill people and this is the resulting world after magic becomes a thing that exists. This will not be a fluffy story where everything is happy and bright.

Here goes.  It's tricky writing a synopsis describing a character without a name.  The primary focus is not on him though he does constantly influence things.  Rather the 2 species who come to sentience through his meddling.

Eyes open.  He knows he was meant to live, but never could.  Instead was made to wander a strange plane of existence.  Hands shaped the ether, then the cosmos.  They are idle frivolities.  Still he is alone.  There was supposed to be a life, so he would simply create it.

Hands shape a world.  Dreams form the lives withing it, and a whim draws two civilizations up from the clay.  They are sparks of life and histories are his whims.  Will he create a paradise or hell. 

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/30172/idle-dreamer-first-world

White Hawk: Book One of the Enigmatic Quartet.
Gore    Profanity    Sexual Content
Fantasy. Mystery. Romance.
Synopsis

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers%2Fthe-...tK7Yg0.jpg

Quote:
One thousand years after the fall of the patriarchal god, Izdun, forces old and new conspire to undermine the reign of the Sœurarchy that replaced him.

They are a sisterhood of immortal elven women whom most of those under their rule accept as goddesses, but many others believe to be merely demonic witches possessing more power at their deposal than wisdom to use it.
Leresai Fervarryn serves at the behest of Lady Intrigue, Rhoethella. She is sent to confront a regional lord whose hand seems to be at the center of recent tumult.
Born of a proud people historically known for their rejection of divine providence over them, her own motivations for serving as Rhoethella's most feared intelligencer remain enigmatic.

Blatant procedural method theft from the post above by the German guy.

Reasons to read the story:
* Written in the style of New Wave genre fiction of the nineteen-seventies. Gene Wolfe, Silverberg, Le Carré. That's right, essentially a spy novel set in a fantasy world. 

A slow burn that rises more fiery until the final twist (which is pretty twisted, actually).
* The characters are not designed to appeal to base virtue or simplistic sentiments like a GD Spiderman comic book from the 1960s. You're an adult, here you will get your adult fix.
*As I have no virtues to signify, this novel is a safe space for twisted souls and a refuge for the damned.
* The setting is as much a part of the story as the characters and plot, and isn't incidental fluff.
* The plot isn't spoon-fed to you like you are an idiot reading at a sixth grade level. I trust you're smart enough to put it all together. For a multi-character story arc this novel's plot is not even that complicated.
* A new take on elven culture. Frenchy, transhuman and at least twice as conceited as Tolkien's Celtic derived elves.

However, you won't meet many elves in the first book.
* The MC while not OP, her direct obstacles are not as great a threat to her as the underhanded manuvers going against her in the background.
* No harem girls in this story. Just strong female characters and the manly men bold enough to service them.

* Become an earlier adapter. You can say to your friends, 'I was hep to Olviddha back when a bunch of nebob wankers just didn't get it!'
*Oh, and almost forgot. There is sex. Mind altering sex. Mind bending sex. A review compared it to paint drying, but I'm sure the reviewer meant pink and teal and vermillion clashing and splurging on one another in eye mesmerizing pattern. YOU be the judge:
Go ahead though near the end no big spoilers
And Raven Forest means exactly what you think it means. Not for the feint of heart or those who think sex was yucky before the invention of the straight razor.
Link in the Sig.

Land Warrior: Greyhounds

Military and War Action Drama Tragedy Political 

Synopsis

The Republic of Easting is no stranger to threats both local and internal. With newer threats and tactics used by their enemies, the country modernized its military. To address these threats new initiatives were made including the formation of a new special forces units the Greyhounds. They are the premier Counter-insurgency, counter terrorists and rapid response unit which is called anytime and anywhere in the country. They are made of the Army's elite, the creme of the crop of their operators. 

The story revolves around the young lieutenant, an operator in the said unit. Follow his story as he unveils plots that lead to a greater scheme that threatens not only of his existence but also of his country.

Reason To Read The Story

*Satire 
*Guns, lots of guns!
*Exoskeleton and some mecha
*The enemy are somewhat dumb, but at least they know how to use their heads (Not rush into gunfire without a reason)
*Some tactics and strategic maneuvers

Link Below:

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/29532/land-warrior

Realm of the Stars Trilogy 

The Unclaimed Crown (complete), The Endangered Crown (complete), War for the Crown (ongoing)

Synopsis (Volume I only; synopses for subsequent volumes are spoilery): 

The Kingdom of the Dozen Stars is divided. After the assassination of its queen, its throne stands empty; the council of dukes jockey among themselves for power, while beyond the Kingdom's borders, its old enemies prepare themselves to strike. 

Arta ast Katanes is the adopted daughter of a minor nobleman. She dreams of more than a life of obscurity on her remote planet, but her journey will take her farther than she imagines, and uncover truths about herself beyond anything she has guessed. 

Mardoban ast Orlanes is the most powerful of the Kingdom's dukes, but as as his nation fractures he will be drawn into conflict with enemies whose schemes run deeper than he knows. 

In time, their paths will cross, secrets will be revealed, and the stars themselves will shake... 

Reasons to Read: 

* It's Star Wars meets the King Arthur mythos meets Dune! Details follow: 

* Like Star Wars, it's an old-school space opera that combines mythological and high fantasy tropes including like the hero's journey, magic and mysticism with a sci-fi, outer space setting. 

* Like Dune, it's set in a baroque-style feudal future with lots of factions with their own agendas and lots of history. 

* The original idea the series grew from was "genderbent King Arthur in space" and though it's grown somewhat beyond that, a lot of characters and story beats take inspiration from the Arthurian mythos with a twist, and part of my challenge for myself while writing was to see if I could apply the tropes of those stories to a space opera setting. 

* It's got sword fights, space battles, space magic, space pirates, politics, intrigue and more. Sound cool? 

Notes: 

* There's no explicit on-page sex, but the series has LBGTQ content (the main character is bisexual; this becomes much more important starting in Volume II, as Volume I doesn't really deal with her love life in any meaningful way). 

* The initial arc was planned as a trilogy, and War for the Crown will be the end of the current storyline and should tie off most ongoing plotlines to a greater or less degree. That said, I have plans for more stories to be told in this universe beyond this arc, if I ever get around to telling them! 

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/23547/a-super-robot-story

A lifelong fan of giant mecha wakes up in a world that looks like his favorite game, inhabiting a new body and somebody else's life. With a rival, new parents, and maybe even the world itself having plans for his future, there are no easy decisions on his path.

The story is not heavy on action and is close to slice of life even as it picks up steam.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/30676/blackpowder-mercenary

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FhJQIJYV.jpg

Set in an industrialization era when Rodter, mercenary and sorcerer, is torn between working for fame, power, opportunities and taking care of his sister. Riddled with a cash of none, he was given a trmpting opportunity after he got to speak with the Blackpowder's Branch Manager, failing to realize the grave consequences he would suffer in Illsingrad, the city controlled by militaries, veterans, underworld criminals, and Blackpowder Company most of all.

Readers will be informed of the next update date at the most recent chapter, with minimum of one chapter a week. The story is written with an ending already, and the general plot jotted down before I began writing it, which is why prologue is the go-to first when reading.

Doing God's Work 
(https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/25442/doing-gods-work)

The gods are real and incorporated. Providence is a profitable global monopoly.

But its chief executive is a corrupt authoritarian, the combined might of the divine powers is ignoring humanity’s problems, and Helpdesk service is, frankly, terrible. In this corporate fantasy, it’s up to history’s most maligned immortals to step up and sort things out.

Why you should read it:

Fun with Corporate Fantasy™

White-collar office drudgery at its finest. (But magic!) Learn the ins and outs of the office task manager. Submit twelve-page forms and go through a subsequent drawn-out, five-stage approval process. Walk the fine line between arguing with your line manager's obviously misguided decisions and avoiding being demoted. This is what fantasy stories are all about, right? 

Wait, where are you going?

Stock trope avoidance

Unless we're talking about the stock market. That's in there. Each chapter will feature a detailed analysis of the day's trading on the stock exchange, complete with indecipherable acronyms, or your money back. I wouldn't lie to you. I promise.

Irreverence

Market research analysis* shows that revering the gods is a thing of the past. Much more on-trend: horrendous blasphemy. Did you know that people who admit to having slept with Zeus are also 40% more likely to self-evaluate as having made other questionable life choices? Disclaimer: Data has not been peer-reviewed and may be skewed by internal bias, thus should not be taken as gospel. Even if it is, in fact, from a gospel.

Length

140k words. Only updates once a month, but chapters are long. (Edit: No longer true; it's now switching to shorter, more frequent updates.) DGW is a multi-year project, and won't be finishing any time soon.

General nihilism

Some stories set a good moral example, where a heroic protagonist resists the forces of evil and injustice to build a better world for everyone in it. This is not that thing.

*That time Loki interviewed 100 extremely biased people and posted the results on the front page of the office intranet before management took it down five minutes later and instituted a new restricted access policy.

Main Genre: Dark Fantasy (esp. Dreampunk, Magical Girl, Vampire).
Sub Genres: Action, Thriller, LGBT.

Warnings: sexuality, violence, self-harm (parts marked with *), emotional trauma.

Promises are meant to be kept, but a promise to save a beloved sister leads a group of high school magical girls into a dream of many literary landscapes. Out of this dream of Carroll’s wonderlands and Poe’s nightmares comes a monster that threatens to invade the waking world. Their promise forms the opening act of a play they can’t stop, so to prevent this monster’s debut into their world, they must play their parts to the end at all hazards to their lives. If you love quirky magical girls, bloodthirsty femme fatales, fight scenes, love scenes, twisty plot lines, fantastic settings, the possibility of dreams, and the uncertainty of nightmares, this story is for you.

URL: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/20379/days-of-blood-and-roses

Episode 01 of Annwyn Online finishes up this monday.

Synopsis:

On the night of the 10 year anniversary update of the mouse and keyboard MMORPG, Annwyn Online, college sophomore Isaac Thomas and his friends find themselves and millions of players across the globe transported to an alternate reality based on that game. Now he and his friends must figure out why they were brought here as well as how (or even if...) they can get home.

Although they have their video game characters' names, classes, levels, and abilities, the Guardians and Vanguard are NOT in Annwyn Online anymore. They can be hurt and although they can be resurrected, the cost of resurrection can be a high price to pay.

This web serial features multiple perspectives from both "player characters" as well as "non-player characters". Additionally, this story does feature adult topics such as violence against sentient/sapient beings, murder, suicide, sex and sexuality. This is LitRPG/Portal Fantasy without the harems or fan service. This story is intended to follow realistic characters across diverse backgrounds as they figure out how to get home.

When a series of unfortunate events lead to the self-proclaimed ordinary guy, Knight Yuudai, to be imprisoned in another world, he must use the young girl he was imprisoned with to escape and travel across the demon infested Dragon Land to reach the lands where the exiled races, born from the Elder Dragon, are living. 

On his journey he will pass by the historic events that shaped the once glorious Dragon Land to the polluted demonic land it is today; adventuring through the black wyvern deserts to reach the beast forests; traveling the sea to reach the Elven land and reaching the floating world tree where a familiar race known as humans live.

This story is about the adventures of a selfish boy;tThe adventures across this unfamiliar world and the adventure into a different person. It isn't a story about the hero of the Dragon Land, but a bit-part player in the repel of the parasites that are demons.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/30266/an-ordinary-adventure

So, its an isekai. Though, I'm trying to focus on the world around the mc and how it got into that state. The mc is not the hero of the story. He may become a bit-part player in the repel of the demons but even then, it'd only be through extremely hard work. Knight Yuudai is not suited for hard-work. 

Hopefully you can support me and criticise me so I can create at least a decent story. Thanks for reading and I'm out. 

Five years ago, Faye Brice and her friends saved the world. Now, Faye lives an ordinary life with an ordinary job, her past as the magical heroine Papillon little but a distant memory. The Outsiders, once feared as otherworldly invaders and now welcomed in Garden City, only serve as reminders of the excitement and wonder Faye once knew.

A chance encounter with a butterfly-woman Outsider irresistibly piques Faye's fascination. Mutual curiosity soon grows into friendship, one that leaves Faye wondering if her new acquaintance thinks of her as more than that—and one the Outsider authorities become suspicious of.

Their relationship becomes a window into a world Faye wishes to be part of once more, but bringing magic back into her life could sever her remaining friendships with her fellow heroines, risk the secrets they share, or even endanger the peace between worlds they once fought so hard for.

Glints Saga: Papillon is the completed first book in a series inspired by the classics of the magical girl genre, playing upon the traditional tropes while retaining the positive, uplifting values.
This thread is locked