Re: Evil and OP Mc

All of the following stories are well written and have antihero protagonists with some form of broken power in the context of their respective worlds. All of these stories are a bit dark by nature, some more so than others. 

The Girl Who Ate a Death God (Dark, Mature, Military Fantasy)
Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? (This one is bat shit crazy and fun.)
Other Side Picnic (Eldritch Horror Elements, quite unique.)
Who Says this OL Can't Become a Splendid Slime? (Can be found on this website. It's fun.)
Overlord (Very OP MC, meanders a bit. Some Romance/Harem Elements.)

flssdd Wrote: Splendid Slime is also not evil, nor is she op...

Again, like Kumo, I wouldn't call Ros outright evil but she is a monster that kills and devours innocent people and she has a broken cheat power which she utilizes masterfully. I'm not going to say much more for spoilers sake, but she is definitely a protagonist of the antihero variety.

There are very few stories that even come close to meeting all his criteria. First off it's rare to have evil or even just antihero protagonists. Secondly, although stories where the MC has OP cheat powers are not rare almost all of those sorts of wish fulfilling power fantasies have  harem/romance elements. 

All of the titles I listed roughly fit his criteria. Some of the anti-heroes aren't pure evil, but they are all certainly at least the sorts of characters that will kill or even cannibalize innocents. Not all of them are strait up Gods, but all of them have powerful cheat powers in the context of their story's settings, even Other Side Picnic.

Oddly enough I think the title I mentioned which most blatantly breaks the OPs criteria is the one nobody complained about which is Overlord. He is is somewhat evil and very OP, but there is a lot of romance stuff involving an outright harem along with multiple couples including the infamous lizard romance arc and sex scenes. 

Ok, ok, but... "There are very few stories that even come close to meeting all his criteria". I know, this is like the 3rd topic about evil op mc this week. That doesn't mean to suggest something that doesn't cover them, yeah, they are good reads, but that's it.
Roz is not outright evil? She is not remotely evil, she kills one or two "innocent" adventurers who were there to kill her if found and she has the ability to think as a modern person when she is in fact a monster. She is strong for a slime, but not op in any other way or having broken cheat powers. If you want to see what op evil monster is read ELLC (Everybody loves large chests). The anti-hero does not necessary mean evil protag (all hail Worm). For example in Youjo Senki, Tanya is selfish and pragmatic to the extreme (and not a hero :D ), but she is not "evil" despite what the english title says. Overlord was already proposed and the romance bits are not from the mc and even if they were, it is a minor part of the story.

flssdd Wrote: Ok, ok, but... "There are very few stories that even come close to meeting all his criteria". I know, this is like the 3rd topic about evil op mc this week. That doesn't mean to suggest something that doesn't cover them, yeah, they are good reads, but that's it.
Roz is not outright evil? She is not remotely evil, she kills one or two "innocent" adventurers who were there to kill her if found and she has the ability to think as a modern person when she is in fact a monster. She is strong for a slime, but not op in any other way or having broken cheat powers. If you want to see what op evil monster is read ELLC (Everybody loves large chests). The anti-hero does not necessary mean evil protag (all hail Worm). For example in Youjo Senki, Tanya is selfish and pragmatic to the extreme (and not a hero :D ), but she is not "evil" despite what the english title says. Overlord was already proposed and the romance bits are not from the mc and even if they were, it is a minor part of the story.

For anyone intending to read Splendid Slime this next paragraph has massive spoilers. 

Ros murders in cold blood a defenseless, critically wounded old woman on her last legs who poses no threat to her what so ever. She is born with the broken cheat power of gaining the abilities and strengths of those she devours and she murders said old woman just so she could feast on her powers. She single-handedly brutally wipes out an entire bandit camp full of armed combatants in a 15 vs 1 battle. I mean say what you will, but these are not the actions of saint or a weakling respectively. The author herself tagged the story with antihero. 

Also, Overlord has multiple story arcs that heavily involve romance as major themes, character motivations and plot points. There are four different romantic pairings who get their own arcs in addition to the MC's harem. 

I believe I may have what you want. Check out my story: Heavenly Domination.

The MC is not necessarily evil in the literal sense of the world, more like a billions year old being that is arrogant, has plenty to show for that arrogance in terms of power, and doesn’t hesitate or has issues with cutting a bunch of heads or committing a massacre during any given day.

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22486/heavenly-domination