Illustrations

Hello ! Nerodith here, the author of [ The Administrator ].

I've recently updated the cover of my story, and started an illustration for my prologue, so I though I would share with you !
And I might as well also add all my story's illustrations in the future...

https%3A%2F%2Fc10.patreonusercontent.com%2F3%2FeyJ...MxoFVbc%253D
The cover (I didn't do the background)

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zupimages.net%2Fup%2F20%2F10%2Fx94y.jpg
My MC's rebirth.

Oh my god, there's a mistake in the title and I can't modify it...

Re: [ The Administrator ] Ilustrations

First I like to say, that it's a well done artistic job. Yet I'm a bit puzzled narrativewise...

Seeing the line of action and the planet in the forground makes me think that she's interacting with it, but what exactly is she doing with the planet? Is she dropping it? Other than that, I can think of a few things, but it doesn't visually translate well to me...

1.) Having a grab on the world: Her hand is too far away and she doesn't cast a shadow to show the influence and the straight fingers makes it hard to think of her enveloping it or something like that.
2.) Reaching out to the world: Her hand seems to be over it
3.) Manipulating the world like a puppeteer: Her fingers are straight and there are no strings.
4.) Embracing it: Her arm is straight.
5.) Spank it: Not the best angle, even if she comes from above, I would reconsider the pose.

Seriously, this is a job better done than whatever I can hope for, but I also think you may appreciate this feedback... ^^'

kentusrpg Wrote: Seeing the line of action and the planet in the forground makes me think that she's interacting with it, but what exactly is she doing with the planet? Is she dropping it? Other than that, I can think of a few things, but it doesn't visually translate well to me...

1.) Having a grab on the world: Her hand is too far away and she doesn't cast a shadow to show the influence and the straight fingers makes it hard to think of her enveloping it or something like that.
2.) Reaching out to the world: Her hand seems to be over it
3.) Manipulating the world like a puppeteer: Her fingers are straight and there are no strings.
4.) Embracing it: Her arm is straight.
5.) Spank it: Not the best angle, even if she comes from above, I would reconsider the pose.

It was actually a mix of 1 and 3. As for why her fingers are straight... Because i can't draw hands properly otherwise xD I will take this in account though, if I modify it ! Hopefully, I'll have learned to properly draw hands until then...

(LMAO Spank it?)

Eichi Wrote: Looks like a volleyball pose to me, somewhere mid spike. 

I like the art, only thing i would be picky about is that the earth has no clear outlines so it looks out of place

That's a fair point ! I'll try to correct that.

Thanks guys for your feedback~   peolove

I think you can draw hands well enough, you just didn't know how to position it, just remember to specify the 3 parts of every finger and you are usually fine, the advice of using your hands never helps much because its too realistic and not many people can simplify it in their head so I just suggest to look up sketched hand positions for reference when drawing, there is nothing wrong with that. 

But yeah, super straight fingers is also fine if you just add some details on the parts of the fingers itself.