Re: Criticism on my fiction

So around early September I started my fiction. I had finished chapter 1, a whopping 20k words, and early November started chapter 2...started is very accurate as i haven't done anything since. So, after barely touching it since then, I found Royal Road and have since been uploading it in chapter parts. The big problem for me is that due to creating it quite a while ago, I am thoroughly going through each part I am uploading. Now, this has been painful for me because I can't help but feel that what I wrote is a load of s**t, resulting me to edit most paragraphs unless I get annoyed, f*ck it and upload it halfway through. So, I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for me; I have someone I know on discord reading it but I can't help but feel he's being too nice.

Edit: The full chapters are around the length of chapter 1 but I release in parts. Chapter 1 has 11 or 12 parts ranging from 800 words to 3000 words long.

Re: Criticism on my fiction

It sounds to me like you need a good beta reader, or to at least do an edit pass. Part of writing IS editing, and it seems like you’re becoming frustrated with that aspect. If you’re worried about meeting a self imposed deadline, you can always inform readers that you are taking a brief hiatus to edit. 

It is always, ALWAYS better to edit and put your best foot forward if you want new readers. You will easily lose people’s interest if the writing doesn’t hold up to the ideas you are trying to put forth.