Re: Now I am finished

With the first novel. Mind you, there are still typos to deal with -- crushed about fifty in the last hour -- grammar to be improved, diction levels to be raised where appropriate, interior verse to be perfected, that sketch for the cover to be worked on (the physical, on paper original looks quite good, the digital though trés wanky) .
All of thats aside now there is a complete novel, what is my next step?
First issue, the status of on-going. Should I keep it as on-going? And if not, how do I change the status?
One factor, this is the first of four novels in a set. Is it best to keep it rolling as chapters after the twenty-two that comprised the first novel, so followers (all four of you!) can keep
reading the next three without having to update, or is that done automatically for them if I do something I don't know about to link the novels together?
I would like for each novel to have its own cover, so that would be ideal if such a linking methodology exists.

I see you posted your story over 4 days, which is quite fast for that amount of pages.
For the status, you can do either, to keep it as ongoing and post the later books on that fiction page, or mark it as completed and post the next book as a new fiction, just choose as it is your story after all. There are up and downsides to doing either of those, though im not sure if they matter much to a story that doenst have much traction.

Yeah... don't worry about the scores. This site has a bad case of people pushing down stories just to be douchebags... and most of the readers here know that and don't give a crap.

As to what they *do* want... long stories seem to be very popular. I'm pretty sure nobody starts really getting popular before they have 100k+ words at the very least, and most of the really popular works have crested a million works.

Which is actually a major reason to keep your books together as the same story on this site. So long as all the novels feature the same major characters and stuff, there's nothing but downsides to changing books where I sit. If a different book has different MCs and/or themes, then it's probably better you split them. People get annoyed when they feel like they've been lied to. But if it's a direct sequel, go for it.

Now if you want an honest review, I can hook you up with that. Just be aware there's a line.

https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/103958