Re: Problem with tables

I’m having some problems with the tables here on RR. The two things that bother me the most right now are the table spacing between paragraphs and the words position within the cell (see the image below). Is there any way to fix them? I tried both copying the table directly from word and creating it from scratch on RR, but nothing works.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fd0AHQ9R.jpg

This issue appears, because whenever you place a text inside a table it's being added with a P tag surrounding it, which has a bottom-margin applied inherently from the website stylesheet.
To solve it, I've just turned the source view on (the last button on the toolbar) and manually added this style to each first P inside a table cell:

Code:
margin-top: 1em;

So for example, a P tag nested inside a cell would look like this:

Code:
<p style="text-align: center; margin-top: 1em;">Rune of Summoning</p>

The tags have been replaced here, but it still should be readable.
To fix the table margin issue in your story, you need to add this style to the Table tag:

Code:
margin-bottom: 25px;

Hope this helps.

Edit:
Added a sample image with both the table look and the styles fully visible.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FrOpP2pf.png

Thanks for your reply! I tried to follow your instructions but I'm still having some issues. Not all the tables have a p style, some just have a td style, like this:

<td style="text-align: center; margin-top: 1em;">
<p>Basic Attributes</p>
</td>

For the ones that had a p style it did work.

<td>
<p style="text-align: center; margin-top: 1em;">Basic Description</p>
</td>

/////

Why are they different? And where do I put the margin-bottom line? Sorry for the noobness, all this code and stuff is alien to me.

Edit: It's a shame there isn't a more simple way to do this (like an align to the middle of the cell button). Adding code to every table in each character must get annoying very fast.

You can just add the style to any P tag without it, just like that:

<td>
<p style="margin-top: 1em;">Basic Attributes</p>
</td>

The tag is present in some of the P, because you already added a style there, like the text-center. Sadly, you have to manually copy it there to each P tag.

As for the table margin, I've copied a table from your story:

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 15%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 25px;" border="1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="width: 100%; text-align: center; margin-top: 1em">Jack</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

In bold I've added the margin-bottom, just copy-paste it in that spot.

And yeah, this gets annoying really fast, especially if you have a large character sheet.

In my story, I've used a table once only, but in one of the future chapters it will be expanded and I already dread the copy-paste-fu that will be required to make it look good.

Now it worked, but the table got fat, lol:

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fs4me1Ix.jpg

I'll be honest with you, I don't see me doing this everytime there is a table involved. Thank you for you help and patience in explaining to me, but I guess I'll just go with their default look, with all its unevenness. Sorry for wasting your time =/