Re: Scrivener + Royal Road Formatting?

I've run into a brand-new problem! I recently started using Scrivener for story projects, and it has gone well until I just tried to post a chapter and the formatting just plain disappeared when I pasted it into Royal Road's editor. That is a bit annoying for stuff like tables, but it's obviously extremely annoying when line/paragraph spacing is gone and the story is next to unreadable.
Copypasting to an RTF didn't seem to help, either. I was able to remedy it by exporting the chapter to a .doc and copypasting from Open Office, but it's an extra step that makes things a lot clunkier. Does anyone else use Scrivener that could tell me if there's anything easier I could be doing?

In my experience, copying from Scrivener to Royal Road has always retained paragraphs and italics. The only thing it's lost has been section breaks (but it inserts a couple extra blank lines, so it's easy to find the section breaks and re-insert them).

I've never tried copying a table (I didn't even know Scrivener could create tables).

I'm using Scrivener 3 on a Mac, if that matters.

Wrote: In my experience, copying from Scrivener to Royal Road has always retained paragraphs and italics. The only thing it's lost has been section breaks (but it inserts a couple extra blank lines, so it's easy to find the section breaks and re-insert them).

I've never tried copying a table (I didn't even know Scrivener could create tables).

I'm using Scrivener 3 on a Mac, if that matters.

Hmm I use PC so I don't know, but I doubt that would be the issue. What styling setup do your documents have? Even after adding extra spacing on mine, though, it didn't appear to copy anything extra.

It may not be so much a Mac vs. PC difference, but that they're on different versions. Once Scrivener 3 is out for the PC, you might see a difference. Or maybe not--I'm just guessing. Perhaps older versions try to copy and paste as text rather than as formatted text?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by styling setup. I have it set to show whitespace between paragraphs, like Royal Road does (so, I don't add any blank lines between paragraphs). I don't add tabs or indents--those get added by whatever Compile format I choose (but I don't Compile for RR; I just copy and paste). The only formatting I use is italics, which copies over just fine.

Wrote: It may not be so much a Mac vs. PC difference, but that they're on different versions. Once Scrivener 3 is out for the PC, you might see a difference. Or maybe not--I'm just guessing. Perhaps older versions try to copy and paste as text rather than as formatted text?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by styling setup. I have it set to show whitespace between paragraphs, like Royal Road does (so, I don't add any blank lines between paragraphs). I don't add tabs or indents--those get added by whatever Compile format I choose (but I don't Compile for RR; I just copy and paste). The only formatting I use is italics, which copies over just fine.

Ah you are probably right about versions. Windows is only at version 1.9, apparently, so it is likely just a version problem.