Re: New and Saying Hello

I started posting on Sunday and I figured that I should take this opportunity to introduce myself.

I've been a writing hobbyist for years and have completed a number of projects that I have shared with family, friends, and co-workers. I came here on the advice of a friend who suggested that I get share with a wider audience for feedback. Royal Road seems like a vibrant and fun community and I look forward to continuing to contribute my works.

At present, I am planning on posting two first draft projects of mine over the next month or so. 

1. "Curse of Clwyd" - https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/29507/curse-of-clwyd This one is already up and I have posted seven chapters as of this morning. It's a historical fiction horror story based on the Regency Crisis of 1788-89, where, instead of George III being driven to madness by porphyria, he's instead afflicted by a Welsh curse. A fair amount of gore, suspense, mystery, etc all follow as the protagonist, Doctor Francis Willis, attempts to break the curse and save the King's mind. 

As this was a NaNoWriMo project, it's almost right on the money at 50,000 or so words.

2. "Impostor" - I have not yet begun posting this one yet. This is a Sci-Fi story about an unsuspecting diplomatic aide being conscripted into taking the place of the secretly dead ambassador to a critical alien empire that is responsible for guaranteeing Earth's security. For those of you who have watched Babylon 5, this was inspired by a single line in an episode where Sheridan is speaking to Ambassador Kosh and comments something like "How do I know it's even the real Kosh in that encounter suit?" This is written as a dark comedy with a bunch of fairly silly pretenses and I hope, once I post it, that you will all find it enjoyable.

Since this was also a NaNoWriMo project, it's right around 50,000 words as well.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see more of you around. 

Re: New and Saying Hello

Wrote: Hey Beeqs <3

I just joined recently as well, so hello and welcome! Newbies unite, hehe.
I'm a big sci-fi fan so I think Impostor sounds more up my alley; I'll keep an eye out for it when you start posting it. But in the meantime I hope Curse of Clwyd gets some readers too!

I think that I'll be posting Impostor right after I get done posting all of Curse of Clwyd, so probably sometime next week.