Re: Writer(s) needed for a Visual Novel

Anyone interested in a gig as a Visual Novel writer? 

Me and a co-worker of mine are working on a VN and are in need of a writer to write the branches, narratives, and dialogues of the game. The basic outline of the story exists but there is wiggle room in case anyone wants to give suggestions. We only need perhaps 1-2 writers. The game won't be very long as it is our first game and a bit of an experiment. This is not a paid gig. If you want more details please message me. Thank you!

WHOA! This is so cool! I'd LOVE to help you guys, for free as you said because it would be an absolute dream to be a part of a VN. I just love those but don't often get to play many (since broke lol). However, I'm currently on break between semesters, so there's no feasible way for me to offer real assistance before I start graduate school in the spring. 😞 So I'm not sure whether to PM you or not about it... maybe for me or anyone else interested, do you have an estimation of how long the process might be? To give a rough time frame.

Do you have artists? I've done this rodeo a bunch of times so I would like to give advice: Every unpaid collaborative project I have ever been a part of has eventually fallen apart due to the lack of art, regardless of how many writers are on board. Although, I guess you could convert it to a text-based game if you really need. Also, people who sign up as writers for unpaid collaborative projects are notorious for ghosting everyone after like five days.

Well, I wish you the best of luck with this project and hope that this visual novel does super well. But don't forget that artists (and musicians) are an important part of the VN process, not just the icing on the cake but the filling in between the cake layers!

@Thedude3445 We do have one artist. I myself have the musician side of things covered. I wouldn't doubt that the whole writers ghosting thing happens a lot to people. 

Thanks for the kind words of advice! This project is more of a "hey let's try and make a game to see how it works" kinda thing. It's more just to gain experience and insight in to what it's like to make a game. So that way when it's done(or if it falls apart) we can all take a look at what worked and what didn't work, and learn from our experiences. We wanted this to be a game where there are no serious repercussions if it doesn't work out. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers!