Re: Has anyone ever read a fiction in the style of a holy book or bible kind of way?

Well, the subject is self-explanatory.

I wonder if there's any fiction that is styled like a bible or a holy book. I've seen epistolary fictions like Bram Stoker's Dracula or even the entire SCP community fiction. But, I'm looking for something more close to a holy book. I did this roleplay once where I was this 'priest' and roleplayers that participated would act like a god "revealed" something to their personage. Of course, in actuality, it's just us making up stories about gods and coming up with our own creation myths and philosophies.

So, anyone care to answer?

Re: Has anyone ever read a fiction in the style of a holy book or bible kind of way?

Saphalus Wrote: I wonder if there's any fiction that is styled like a bible or a holy book. I've seen epistolary fictions like Bram Stoker's Dracula or even the entire SCP community fiction. But, I'm looking for something more close to a holy book.

That is quite hard as the bible has quite many different styles.

And the style-aspect most people recognize is the "translated thrice each, when the original language was practically a dead language and each translator was too respectful of the original to translate free enough to properly match the grammar of the target language" aspect of the text.

So most texts I've seen that match the style are a few paragraphs at most.

Not matching the a style but more matching the content but still worth reading:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb:_The_Gospel_According_to_Biff,_Christ%27s_Childhood_Pal

whoever Wrote:
Saphalus Wrote: I wonder if there's any fiction that is styled like a bible or a holy book. I've seen epistolary fictions like Bram Stoker's Dracula or even the entire SCP community fiction. But, I'm looking for something more close to a holy book.

That is quite hard as the bible has quite many different styles.

And the style-aspect most people recognize is the "translated thrice each, when the original language was practically a dead language and each translator was too respectful of the original to translate free enough to properly match the grammar of the target language" aspect of the text.

So most texts I've seen that match the style are a few paragraphs at most.

Not matching the a style but more matching the content but still worth reading:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb:_The_Gospel_According_to_Biff,_Christ%27s_Childhood_Pal

I have never heard about this author (or this book) before. Well, I shouldn't say that cause I don't read as much fiction as I want to.

I just read the plot summary and I must say that the theme does indeed fit perfectly with the kind of fiction that I'm searching for, so thank you for recommending it.

The style of the fiction that I'm looking for is technically epistolary. But, I just didn't want to categorize the kind of fictions that might be recommended.