Re: Slow Cooking. Novels Heavily Based On Dialogue/Character Interaction.

I am tired of so many fast paced LITRPG stories: get a felling of the world, get a girl, level up, fight boss etc.
I wish for a slow paced novel where characters interaction is the main focus.
The Child of Ebon is a perfect example. There is fast paced action here and there. But the main focus is how a person interacts with another.

I have no genre preference. It could a Grimdark as much it could be a Slice of Life.
There is no problem if it is hosted on another site.

This is pretty much the entire core of Vitae Memorandum, which has at this moment released it's final chapter.  Character interaction has been a core element of the entire story, more so than any other factor.  Character development occurs from this as well, as characters grow and develop from such interactions.  This was assisted by having four main characters, constantly interacting with each other through the entire story, as well as with others during their adventure.

https%3A%2F%2Fkentusauthor.files.wordpress.com...header.png
(link)
Categories: Comedy, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, litRPG, Harem (sort of), a bit of possible Romance

It's a litRPG, but diverse from the usual formula. Each volume revolves around a place or an event, so it's pacing is more comfortable, while the way the characters act with each other is the blessing and curse of many readers. Especially as the volumes go on, it becomes apparant, how the character are influencing each other.

Be warned though, the first MCs can turn people off, mostly due to some bad personality traits copuled with youthful (non-)thinking and emotions appropriate for their age. peoEsmile

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/10073/the-wandering-inn <- hands down the best you're gonna get. Tuesday and Saturday are my favorite days 'cause there is a new chapter.

https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/ <- also what you're looking for

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/5701/savage-divinity <- love this story and there is plenty to read (6,882 pages), but once you catch up it starts to feel a little too slow

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/27224/snowstorm <- obligatory self-plug but I think its got what you're looking for. I could honestly use some feedback on the characters and dialogue if you decide to check it out.

My book. I also have a 500-page work in progress called Mayhap Jak a standard epic fantasy that is slow building as well

Three young friends try to make their way together, through the dog-eat-dog cultivation world of the jianghu -- and even worse, their teens!.
They have chosen to take the path less travelled, by rising as a single entity -- of three entirely separate individual people -- The Thundering Tortoise Trio!
Along their merry, yet sometimes scary, way, Jian ChengFatty Li Feng and Fairy Fen Ling will forsake their own petty selfishness, their hateful overbearing sect, conventional cultivation wisdom and even the entire righteous path, for the family they have become... And for benefits of course!
After all, everyone loves benefits!
Join these three friends with benefits (*we're not changing the title though...), as they probably overcome every obstacle (* but no promises) to bravely forge their own future!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/27613/the-thundering-tortoise-trio

Yo! My story is all of this! This is not at all fantasy action, but instead a Sci-Fi Comedy/Drama/Slice of Life/Mystery series, ATL: Stories from the Retrofuture. Inspired by Japanese Light Novels and late 90s teen cartoons, ATL is a heavy, heavy character-based series with several interwoven stories that are all about the life of Morgan Harding and their various friends across the city of Atlanta. The cast saves the day and solves mysteries, but the crux of the whole thing revolves around the character interactions and developments. There's six stories on here, but eight on the main site (plus a lot of bonus stuff). There is quite a bit of action, especially in the main site's newest story Into the Retrofuture, but there's also an entire story dedicated to meeting a precocious learning robot and solving a crossword puzzle, so it's got something for everyone.

If you want a real slow burn, I can guarantee that this story will be running steady for at least another two years (unless I die or get rich) and has yet to fully begin.

There's Zombie knight saga which has been running for a pretty long time, and follows Hector and Garovel the reaper who brought him back to life and keeps him alive in exchange for being his servant, as they wade through a world in the midst of a war between several factions of reapers and their servants.

---
Someone already suggested it but a practical guide to evil follows Catherine Foundling as she through the ranks of an evil emppire in a world where people gain 'plot armor' for following character archtypes and tropes and everyone is aware of that fact. The series just finished the fifth book.

---
Stewart92's stories usually focus pretty heavily on character interaction, though a couple of his stories are lit-rpgs, though he plays with the tropes a bit in those. I should note, most of his stuff is over on SpaceBattles and he does more fanfics than not. The notable ones based on what you're looking for are:

-There is no epic loot here, only puns: (This one is on Royal Road and) Is and original story following Delta a dungeon who wants to make friends rather than hurting people, while still giving them a dungeon experience. Pretty much every character in this one has a story of their own, or is retired after their epic journey in the case of most of the villagers. It's about 1.5K RR pages long, and she's only half way through her third floor.

-Aces and Jokers: This one is a Worm fanfic, but it revolves around a character who's power is to gain small powers by interacting with people as she tries to stay away from the grimdark train wreck that is canon.

-A skittering heart: A worm/kingdom hearts crossover around 2K RR pages long, and follows Taylor as she gains a Keyblade and the final fantasy summons become aware of Earth Bet because of it.

-Digicrest of Escalation: A Worm/Digimon crossover that is mostly Taylor being a mom to her digimon while trying to make the world a better place for everyone.

---
And for the self-promotion, I also think my story Deviant's Masquerade, sort of fits what you're looking for. 

It's an urban-fantasy anthology with 100-150 page episodes, each following a different set of characters living in the same modern world full of magic users, mad scientists, ghost-zombies, superheroes, and rifts to other worlds. 

Since it's an episodic series, I try to put a heavy focus on each character, but I also try to wrap up the majority of that 'episode's story in that time frame while leaving it open to sequel episodes and crossovers between them, while slowly building up the world everyone lives in. (So, sort of counts as a slow-burn, sort of doesn't.)

(Since you're sick of them, I should probably warn you that the Arcane (magic users) do use a LitRPG-esque database when they pop up every few episodes, but that's largely because a necromancer needed minions in the 70's and refused to settle for hippies so he got D&D-ers instead.)

Yet another self-promotion, but my story At the Fields of Fire and Blood is a slow burn dark fantasy that revolves way more around the relationship between the four MCs than it does around the fighting. There are action scenes and demon hunting and a war against God going on, but that's all backdrop. Kind of how The Walking Dead is more of a drama centered around characters living in a zombie apocalypse, rather than it being about fighting zombies and finding a cure or what have you. There's also quite a bit of a Gothic Horror touch to it and we all know those stories are in terms of slow burn, character driven plots, so!

More self-promotion. Most of my stuff is low-stakes fantasy story. Stakes are not grand but are important to the character. The stories are slow and are dialogue heavy.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/9687/hyruh-ha ---> completed fantasy slice-of-life.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26348/edict ----> sequel in progress a bit more adventure but still low-stakes.

I'm going to self advertise if you don't mind. Frozen Armies is a story about a warrior race, named visius, who invade another world because their own is running out of food sources. It is a novel which heavily centers around the Field Marshal and his general staff who stand at the front of this invasion. There is a lot of tension and history between the generals and the field marshal. On a different level this story is also about the changing relationship between a visius captain and a human farmer. This story is heavy on politics, social interaction, large scale battles and interpersonal relationships. 

If it's a character driven plot that unfolds at a gradual pace that you're looking for, then I'd recommend the story I'm currently working on: Dragons of Dark Rebellion. The title is a work in progress and I haven't commissioned a cover yet but I'm pretty confident with the prose and pacing of the story, as well as the story itself. I think it fits the slow burn you're looking for because the first part (chapters 1-12) primarily focuses on the main character's village where he initially refuses the call to adventure. It lays the groundwork for the setting and offers an immersive introduction into the characters lives before the plot takes off in subsequent chapters. At least that's my intent. Dialogue and character interaction is very important to me since that's the seasoning that makes any decent story taste really good.