Re: Other authors, what would you consider slow/fast growth for a new project posted here?

I'm looking at the stats. I can't stop looking. I'm not really worried, but I don't know what they mean. I was wondering what other writers here consider slow, steady, or fast growth? What numbers would you suggest in views to follows ratio, etc? So far I've got 46 average views since Nov 3rd and just 4 followers. Personally, I'm happy I have any followers at all, lol.

Re: Other authors, what would you consider slow/fast growth for a new project posted here?

My novel which I only started uploading just a little over half a month ago has-

Spoiler :

• TOTAL VIEWS :

• AVERAGE VIEWS :

• FOLLOWERS :

• FAVORITES :

• RATINGS :

• PAGES  :

I think these stats are average for a novel that fits into one of the niche's that are popular on Royal Road right now like, Litrpg, Dungeon, chinese fantasy, overpowered mc-wish fulfillment etc.

I don't think there's an "average" amount of readership that you can really look at and go "Yup, by this point in my story's life I should have around X amount of total views, Y number of followers, and Z total favorites." However, if you're really concerned with where you should be at with regards to the site's stats, your best bet would be to find a number of stories that are in the same genre as yours and total up the "average" for each separate statistic.

Having said all that, I would wait at least 2-3 weeks before getting too concerned with how many people are looking at your work. Especially since your novel is just under a week old. Don't worry about how quickly or slowly your story is growing as most people on RR tend to wait a little bit before properly checking into a newly established novel. Just focus on getting out more chapters at a fairly consistent pace and people will eventually start to take more interest in your work. People will begin to take more interest in your work if it looks like you're having fun in writing your story.

@Mount Tai Unleashed 
Those are nice stats. I can see that my own project is slowly growing, but you're probably right about the niche stuff. Mine doesn't really fall into those categories. Though it is pretty Japanese themed. But we'll see what happens. At this point, mine is only six days old.

@Jornug
Yeah, it's only been a week, so you're probably right. This novel is done actually, and I'm releasing two chapters a day. But my chapters tend to be really short. I am noticing a slow but steady increase, though. How come you don't respond to your comments? I noticed some of the more popular stories on here, the authors respond to every single comment.

LambentTyto Wrote: How come you don't respond to your comments? I noticed some of the more popular stories on here, the authors respond to every single comment.

I do and don't respond to the comments., it just depends on the type of comment that was made. Usually, I'm the type of person that's fairly quiet IRL and that extends to my posting methods online. If a comment was made that I believe needs to be addressed, such as a question where an answer wouldn't lead into spoilers, then I'll go ahead and respond. If not, then I'll leave it alone. I do this because I feel like that if I say something in one way or the other, then that will spoiler the upcoming chapters.

But you're probably right in that I do need to respond more to the comments being made.

Gilgilad7 Wrote: First time authors will probably have slower stats than authors with multiple stories.  They already have an established fan base.  

I've noticed the rate of growth on my own story has been greater with each subsequent week.

I hope it's that way with me, because I'm seeing some very slow growth with my own story. But I think there's a lot going against it. For one, it's got multiple leads and his a large cast with fast pacing and less time spent on character development. It's not a LitRPG either.

SJ Reaver Wrote: I usually want 100 followers in the first week and 1k-2k followers by the end of the first month and a half.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on this? As in, what genre would you expect this to happen in, whether it's feasible for a first time author or someone who's already got some rep, update schedule, etc? Because these stats seem rather impossible for a first time author who is not doing a LitRPG and updating twice a day, for example.