Re: Dungeons & Dragons(ish?)

I recently read Nerds in Dungeonia! and was left craving for more. If anyone can direct me towards more fantasy stories like this or even stories taking heavy inspiration from D&D it'd be most appreciated.

Oh and I'm aware of Critical Failures by Robert Bevan and will give the books a spin as soon as I can afford to buy them.

My story, The Eighth Warden, was written to evoke the feeling of a tabletop RPG campaign. It's not LitRPG--there are no game elements discussed in the story--but it might be something like what you're looking for.

The first book, which I'm almost done posting, represents the early parts of the campaign, with the party members meeting each other and taking on simple tasks, while hinting at the larger aspects of the campaign that will come to light in the future.

There's a fairly recent story here on RoyalRoad by TabletopLiterature called Adventurer. I'm about 10 chapters in and really enjoying it. The author actually wants to make a table top rpg based on his story so it's very much old school D&D style. He even physically rolled dice to get his MC's stats when he created him for the story. Give it a shot, don't think you'll be disappointed.