Re: Is it okay to post the same fiction to more than one webnovel website?

That's fine, but make sure you provide proof of verification upon submission.

From our FAQ:
At Royal Road™ we do not require that you post exclusively to our site. You can also take your work down at any time. Whether on other large fiction sites or your own personal site, you can post to Royal Royal Road with a time delay or just a sample.

Also:
If your fiction is available elsewhere, note that we require verification to make sure that the person posting the piece on Royal Road™ is in fact, the author, or someone who has permission from the author. So providing said verification before we even get to reviewing your submission would speed up the process. To do that, you can edit the description on the other site/platform with the words “I will be posting this story on RoyalRoad.com” or some other message with the same concept that will help us in our verification process. Once you do this, open a support ticket at http://royalroad.com/support and post a link to where this verification takes place.

Thanks, I'll give proper notice.

I'm writing science fiction that falls in the overlap between Post-Cyberpunk and GameLit, similar to books like Ready Player One and Warcross. I think they will appeal to both guys and gals and the spectrum in between, and it's my understanding that RR leans toward the guys' end while WP leans toward the gals' end. So I want to reach the entirety of potential readers.

Sidenote since you two are experienced here: I ran across a large thread that listed all the authors who started as web novelists and went on to become published. I know Blaise Corvin is mentioned. I've searched and searched for that thread and cannot for the life of me find it. Does that ring a bell? It's -possible- I saw it at WP but I'd swear it was here.

It's not against any rules, and it's not considered bad form, but you may want to ask yourself why you want to do it. To reach a larger audience? Okay, but then you might have to maintain your fictions across multiple sites with little payoff, and it becomes harder to track your stats. Personally I prefer to update on the one site, so I can funnel people there with advertising etc rather than have a lot of different links.

Laurie Raye Wrote: It's not against any rules, and it's not considered bad form, but you may want to ask yourself why you want to do it. To reach a larger audience? Okay, but then you might have to maintain your fictions across multiple sites with little payoff, and it becomes harder to track your stats. Personally I prefer to update on the one site, so I can funnel people there with advertising etc rather than have a lot of different links.

I'm intending to post just to Royal Road and Wattpad because of the broad difference in the demographics. I understand that it generates more work, but I think it will be worth doing. I'll be posting three novels in the same thread at each site, one chapter per day for 90 days, then taking them down to just 10% as they move to Amazon KU. So it's an attempt on my part to build some pre-launch buzz. No telling if it will work, but since I don't have a mailing list or street team, it seems like a viable alternative. Thanks!