Re: Need some help with a new story...

I'm not ready to start posting the story as I want to build a backlog to help with the consistency of the posting. However I would love some feedback and thoughts on direction. The story is going to be a Grimdark System Apocalypse of Earth. It will of course have Blueboxes galore once the system arrives though so far that has not happened. That's another area of criticism I need. Is the system taking too long to arrive? So thoughts and general comments would be appreciated.

Hopefully sharing a link to a Google Doc is okay: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vhUE0IMp9VTrDOOSYgtLe1o6Je-k8jEkK6iD6Ajiuro/edit?usp=sharing

Comment directly on google doc or here. And thanks.

So either it is a literary masterpiece with not a thing wrong with it or it's so far beyond help it's pointless to offer any comments.

I have enough confidence to know it is not the second and I am not so far gone as to think it is the first. I just wish someone would leave a comment. Good or bad. Just some ideas on the pacing, or the characters, or anything...help??!?!

Or tell me I somehow messed up the google docs link to where you can't leave comments. Even that would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

English is not my main language, but I've read my fair share of books and I didn't find any mistakes in the doc, so nothing to comment on.
The only thing that I found rather hard was following the story that John was telling Mel about Lee, but that again might be my lack of concentration. 

That was a really interesting and enjoyable start. In 'iskeais' and other 'reincarnated' stories, there's rarely any real word story before MC gets run over by a truck or something. There's tension, mystery(are dreams connected to John's game or something else), so answering your question 'is the system taking too long to arrive?' : no. 

Hope to see your story soon. It was a very interesting read.

Edit. somehow I bugged font size, don't mind it.