Re: Moving on to bigger and brighter things; webnovel edition.

Hey all. I'm looking for books from RR that have moved on to Kindle unlimited or even just published at all. I'm not a fan of paying for works in progress despite what the count of my steam early access games may say. But I gladly give my money to complete works.

The two I'm actively following that I pay for are the Ten Realms series and... Oh crap I forgot the name. It's the one where the archmage reincarnated into the body of a young degenerate Noble exiled to a backwater town. Judging by author's comments it wasn't well received here but I liked it.

Its kinda ironic then since every finished book that published in amazon will not be allowed to show its completed work here as part of amazon policy and therefore defeat your purpose. As I understand it, you are only allowed to publish like a percentage of your entire work to other sites besides amazon if you moved to their platform. 

A few examples: 

The Land
Everybody Loves Large Chest
Awaken Online

If you only want completed works then go to advanced search and choose the status "Completed," else you can just go to kindle unlimited to support them directly.

batotit Wrote: Its kinda ironic then since every finished book that published in amazon will not be allowed to show its completed work here as part of amazon policy and therefore defeat your purpose. As I understand it, you are only allowed to publish like a percentage of your entire work to other sites besides amazon if you moved to their platform.
That's not entirely correct. Amazon publishes books under two different contracts, Kindle Direct Publishing, and Kindle Direct Publishing Select.

KDP lets you publish on Amazon under your terms, but there's a few caveats, notably in term of royalties and promotions. You don't have promotional tools, and there's a few countries where book sales won't give you the full 70% royalty you get in the majority of them.

KDP Select adds full 70% royalties world-wide, availability on Kindle Unlimited (where people borrow your book, and you're paid by page read), and promotional tools like limited time discounts or even up to 5 days of free book (to push the next book in the series just coming out, for instance).

However, with KDP Select, you are giving an exclusivity deal to Amazon. You can't have your ebook on Kobo, iBooks or another store. And you can't have more than 10% available elsewhere as a free sample.

So, while the vast majority of RR authors that publish go KDPS to gain traction thru KU, it's not mandated. If you're just KDP without being on KU, you can be on Amazon and on RR.

Vincent Archer Wrote: That's not entirely correct. Amazon publishes books under two different contracts, Kindle Direct Publishing, and Kindle Direct Publishing Select.

KDP lets you publish on Amazon under your terms, but there's a few caveats, notably in term of royalties and promotions. You don't have promotional tools, and there's a few countries where book sales won't give you the full 70% royalty you get in the majority of them.

Thank you so much for this reply! I was actually nervous that even with KDP, my books would be exclusive to Amazon. Your post clarified many things. Thanks!