Re: Hi everyone

Good evening, everyone!
I'm new here, so I thought I'd introduce myself early instead of waiting a whole year (a mistake I did at my last art website). :D

A quick intro: I write (and like) fantasy, science-fantasy, and science-fiction, with always an underlying theme of hope, optimism, and a bright future. Isaac Asimov once wrote: if you want an utopian future, then write about one. No one will be inspired to dream of a better future if stories depict it as awful and dystopian. :)

Also, well, we all need beautiful simple stories that makes us smile and feel good.

So, hi, and glad to be here!
Mélodie

Wassup. Welcome to Royal Road! :D

If you are a writer, please don't be discouraged by the seeming lack of comments and reviews early on. People usually comment if they are already invested in your story. That takes time. Typically, that means about 20-30 chapters in.

If you are a reader, then please make an effort to try and used the "search" function correctly. It's okay to ask for a recommendation, but usually, the hidden gems don't just drop into your lap. You have to work for it. Dig deep into the site. Go to page 37, page 43, page 55. Most readers will scan up to page 10 and declare they've seen "everything in RR." Try the "Hiatus" ones or the 3-2 stars. There are stories for everybody, with different taste and presentation.

Good luck and enjoy your stay.

batotit Wrote: If you are a writer, please don't be discouraged by the seeming lack of comments and reviews early on. People usually comment if they are already invested in your story. That takes time. Typically, that means about 20-30 chapters in.

Thank you for the welcome! And I come from a famous place where no big or small amount of investment resulted in any comments, so I don't mind what happens.
On the very positive side, there truly seems to be readers for every style, so that's wonderful. The community seem smaller too, so more manageable, and the absolute bonus: low data usage for my phone. :D

So I imagine that if I have more short stories than novels, I should compile those one shots into collections instead of posting them separately?

And yeah, I always preferred searching rather than asking. :)  Beside, I tend to try and find the least reviewed ones, in any website; sort of going for the underdog. :D

l nimbus Wrote: Hullo. Do yourself a favor and go over the rules. (You'd be surprised how many people don't.) Also read the F.A.Q, it has some VERY useful posting tips to maximize your readerbase. 

That said, welcome and here's to a long, happy writing career. 

Cheers, L.

Thank you very much. And I will. :)