Re: MC fighting alongside lover

Looking for some action where the MC and his/her lover depend on each other and fight together. Also early romance.

I'm a bit tired of the nonsensical 1v1 duels, teamwork fights are the best. Some authors have the bad habit of having people spread out into 1v1 instead of helping each other, the focus is all on superman fighting and looking cool instead of a believable fight.

That's totally what I'm writing, but the characters are all boys with feminine appearances... so I'm not sure if you're into that.
On the off-chance that you're interested... basically in my story, Purger pairs are boys that have undergone brutal training since birth to kill monsters. The unique strengths and abilities of each duo usually complement each other.
Their relationships are quoted to be deeper than lovers, perhaps even too dependent on each other; if one dies, his partner will lose his will to live.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26640/song

1v1 duels can be good if there is a reason for it. Just 'and the they fought and nobody did anything bcause it was cool' is annoying, but if one person has appealed or insulted the other person's pride or implied they can't handle such a solo fight and they are someone who is confident in themselves, then it can be fun. Or in symbolic fights that said partner feels she shouldn't but in because it would taint the accomplishment. 

Sort of relative, I have a novel but it's only one scene where they are together as a Battle Couple.