Re: too much romance on a litrpg?

Hi y'all! SPADESBLAS here! 

I'm just wandering if romance is a bad match for a litrpg story. 

I myself like a nice, funny, intimate relationships between the main characters. 

My story Right now is romance heavy? (Is that a thing?) Anyways, any thoughts? suggestions? Violent reactions? If any please reply to the thread! It will greatly help me and my story!

Ps. NOT the sad romance Kind (I write Gamelit litrpg isekai with a (heavy) dash of romcom.

I.e 
The titles of the two recent chapters are:

10th Chapter: With great ass comes great responsibility. 

11th Chapter: Hay and Prostitutes.

(This kind of romance..? This is romance i assure you.)

Pps. My story title is -- Adventured Away --

Ppps. I like postal scripts.

Romance is usually really poorly written around these parts but I think it has nothing to do with LitRPG and everything to do with just that it's younger writers. LitRPGs can have romance. In fact, if you can do it well, I even encourage it.

In fact, when the hell are we getting a LitRPG Romance novel? I'm not talking "My Transmigration into A Sci-Fi System with My Crush" or something like that, I'm talking full-on "Seeing the Stats of Your Love" or something. A romance novel, but with LitRPG elements.

Thedude3445 Wrote: Romance is usually really poorly written around these parts but I think it has nothing to do with LitRPG and everything to do with just that it's younger writers. LitRPGs can have romance. In fact, if you can do it well, I even encourage it.

In fact, when the hell are we getting a LitRPG Romance novel? I'm not talking "My Transmigration into A Sci-Fi System with My Crush" or something like that, I'm talking full-on "Seeing the Stats of Your Love" or something. A romance novel, but with LitRPG elements.

Complete with faction rank effects.

It's also good to point out that you should write what you like. If you like to write romance, then do it. Unless your plan is to please every single reader. You won't please everyone, sadly.

But you should try to please yourself because, in the end, you're writing it. It's a lot better to write stuff that you actually enjoy, than force your emotions down with "maybe they don't like it.

Of course, you should think of how you approach it as well. Because like every part of fiction, it's easy to fuck it up.

Vincent Archer Wrote:
Thedude3445 Wrote: Romance is usually really poorly written around these parts but I think it has nothing to do with LitRPG and everything to do with just that it's younger writers. LitRPGs can have romance. In fact, if you can do it well, I even encourage it.

lol what are the factions in a romance RPG. Orientation?

Thedude3445 Wrote:
Vincent Archer Wrote:

lol what are the factions in a romance RPG. Orientation?

I'm betraying my WoW gameplay. You have character-specific factions for some characters in there.