Re: Adjusting Space Between Paragraphs

In the first chapter of my story 'Auntie toasts the VRMMORPG' the paragraphs are fine. There is a good-sized space between each paragraph. Chapter 1
The formating of the second chapter is different. The text flows without space between the paragraphs. Chapter 2
I want the formating to be like in the first chapter! (That's easier for the eyes, right?)
Please help! 

Update: I edited the code of chapter 2 and replaced the br / with /p p. That worked. But I would appreciate it if you would tell me another way. (Changing Editors to copy from, didn't work. I tried Grammarly, notepad, and OpenOffice)

You might just want to considered where you are copy pasting from. Copy-pasting from Words or a simple .txt file doesn't give me any issues as long as I remember that RR makes a space automatically at each paragraph break, meaning that if I make my own spaces between paragraphs RR doubles them.
If you are really having trouble just paste your text into a .txt file or something before copying it to here. Unless you use rich text like italics and bold it will solve all your problems. We can't really tell you any more without knowing how you upload your text.

Wrote: I have finished my novel A Caregiver’s Last Lesson. What should I do now? Should I try and advertise it?

You could try posting your question as its own thread in the Assistance Request subforum instead of at the end of a reply chain were few people might see it. What you do after completing a book depends on what your goals are, if you want to start editing it instead of marketing it, and what kinds of resources you have available to help you promote it through various means.

Wrote: After years of editing, I’m okay with where it’s at. Where do I go to market it?

Depends on many things. What kind of time you want to spend, what kind of money. Im terms of the publishing lart of writing (delivering to the readers) timing can become very important. Which is why some marketing people put a lot of thought into finding a day where lots of people are active in whatever platform you post to. Such as avoiding week days. Or trying to aboid days where a lot of rivals are publishing so that there’s less to distract from what you’re posting. But that’s more important if you want news or media to write about your thing since they have a limit to how many things they can talk about in a period and pursue the trending ones more than the second best.

How much it actually matters is an open question. If you’re just going on websites like RR you will find a large part of what makes your work the most visible is posting on as many platforms as possible, since being tend to stick to a single platform. Making your own website is a massive boost for an author in particular, if you can go through the effort (more effort the less you are spending). I also hear good things about a newsletter (email people can subscribe to) but that also depends on how you handle those emails so it takes its own sort of effort to do well. (People avoid subscribing to newsletters in general, but afterwards its basically a list of your biggest fans.)

Marketing on RR specifically generally revolves around being extremely active and the race to getting trending. The first ,onth is the most important (because of how trending works) so the general logic is to build your rating through regular posting so you end up in Latest Updates as regularly as possible, at differing hours of the day to frab different times zones and stuff. Five posts a day is a good limit since bookmarks only show five at once and spreading it out across lots of days gives you more exposure. Lone made a great post in the Guide subforum about that type of stuff.

Generally study your platform a little when posting there. Like noticing how Ongoing (not completed) fictions do extremely well on RR (the best rated list basically never moves compared to the other stuff on the home page) and Wattpad is biased towards completed fiction (but their search/recommendation algorithm is as inscrutable as rhe worst of them, so there are very weird trends on there and everyone seems to have a cover which make every single other cover blend together as nothing special) and have mire of a slow trickle after posting than during posting. I think Wattpad also has more virality, which just means random fiction float up in the alforithms a lot).

Web fiction guide and Top webfiction have a tive communities as these things go, and people new to web fiction tend to stumble across those every now and then. As for real advertising. The paid stuff and professional marketing? RR does do advertising, though I wouldn’t know the specifics, so I won’t be able to give you much advice on real advertising beyong how you post on platforms and why a website and newsletter help. Post a separate thread if you’re really fishing for advice.