Re: Non OP Villain Protagonist

Some points of note:

• Preferably male.

• At least 50K+ words, the longer the better.

• Protag shouldn't be overpowered.

• I'll take fanfiction as well, but I don't read fanfiction for some franchises.

• NSFW and lewds welcome.

• I loathe the Xianxia genre and am unlikely to read anything in it.

• I dislike almost all harem fics. It's very hard to do a harem well in such a way that the haremettes feel like independent multifaceted characters with agency and not just protagonist accessories. That said, some of my favourite fics were harems (Mushoku Tensei, Madan no Ou to Vanadis) so I do conceded that wonderful harems exist, that said there seems to be a pretty high bar.

• I prefer web fiction. While I can probably pirate most published books, I enjoy the format of web fiction (especially reading the comments on each chapter).

While I'm asking for a villain protagonist, I am not requesting Lord Edge. While I would enjoy protagonists that are absolutely vile and ruthless, gratuitous edginess is not welcome. I think one thing that makes a good villain is selfishness. A person that is willing to prioritise their self and their interests above those of the common man. That mindset is really all that is required. Someone fully capable of empathy and with standard morals can become a villain if they are willing to do anything (including violating such morals) in pursuit of their goals. Characters don't need to be evil to be villainous (that said I would welcome evil characters as well).

Excepting your first point, i'd recommend my own favorite villain protagonist. Catherine Foundling from A Practical Guide to Evil. Scratch favorite villain, she's one of my favorite characters in fiction, period. 

A Practical Guide to Evil

While not on RR. PGTE is one of the best, if not THE BEST web serial available. Catherine is no small part of that. She chooses Evil, over Good as she sees it as the only viable way to save her country. The only way that doesn't end with Callow Burned to the ground and being a salted ruin. She understands her choices, empathy and selfishness. While yes, she is selfish at times, her interests are in always keeping foreign threats from enroaching on Callow, be they aligned with Evil, or with Good. 

l nimbus Wrote: Excepting your first point, i'd recommend my own favorite villain protagonist. Catherine Foundling from A Practical Guide to Evil. Scratch favorite villain, she's one of my favorite characters in fiction, period. 

A Practical Guide to Evil

While not on RR. PGTE is one of the best, if not THE BEST web serial available. Catherine is no small part of that. She chooses Evil, over Good as she sees it as the only viable way to save her country. The only way that doesn't end with Callow Burned to the ground and being a salted ruin. She understands her choices, empathy and selfishness. While yes, she is selfish at times, her interests are in always keeping foreign threats from enroaching on Callow, be they aligned with Evil, or with Good.

I dropped PGTE because I found Catherine insufferable. :V