Re: Review Swaps

Hi guys,
I'm close to finishing the first book of my series, Twisted Branches and am looking for some feedback on the prose and content.
Would love to do some review swaps. If you're interested, please comment on the thread or PM me.
If I like your story and think it deserves a review 4 or up, I'll post it straight away. If my rating will be any lower, I'll send it to you via PM first to get your approval.

Twisted Branches

Synopsis:
The Old Gods won't sleep forever, and the Dread Beasts wish to reap the benefits of Yggdrasil and her children. Mankind relies on Aether Warriors and Mages to stand in the way.

Preparing to take the three trials of Magehood, Kat knows what she wants. If she can make it as a Sorceress, not only will she be able to venture into dangerous territories to procure rare materials for her father's once prosperous smithy, but also have the power to protect the ones she loves. However, life doesn't always go the way one hopes it will. There is more to the trial than her studies suggested. 

How will Kaitlyn Smythe make it in the world of blue bloods and affluent when all they see her as is a charity case?

How will she survive in the city of Ygg, when the nobles and drug traffickers are determined to bring it down before the Dread Beasts can get to it?

Hey, you submitted this one to my review swap thread, but I wanted to say here that I am definitely going to get to your review swap as soon as I can, which will HOPEFULLY be by the end of the month for every single person I asked for a review swap for (which is, so far, four stories on Royal Road and two much shorter stories on Wattpad). Sorry for taking long though Sad

jpuntuned Wrote: I'm close to finishing the first book of my series, Twisted Branches and am looking for some feedback on the prose and content.
Would love to do some review swaps. If you're interested, please comment on the thread or PM me.

If you're up for it I don't mind doing a review swap for my story Deviant's Masquerade it's an episodic anthology with each episode alternating to a different set of characters all existing in the same urban-fantasy / superhero world. 

Current episodes include: 
-A mildly insane supervillain without superpowers and his best friend who is just done with everything.
-A music loving Necromancer and his (sort-of-strong-armed-into-it) apprentice.
-A pair of non-human twins, who are hiding that detail from their human parents and the police (especially the police).
-A family of super powered interdimensional children and their non-powered dad.

Arthicern Wrote: For in
jpuntuned Wrote: I'm close to finishing the first book of my series, Twisted Branches and am looking for some feedback on the prose and content.

If you're up for it I don't mind doing a review swap for my story Deviant's Masquerade it's an episodic anthology with each episode alternating to a different set of characters all existing in the same urban-fantasy / superhero world. 

-A mildly insane supervillain without superpowers and his best friend who is just done with everything.
-A pair of non-human twins, who are hiding that detail from their human parents and the police (especially the police).

Sure. I'll add you to the list.

jpuntuned Wrote: Hi guys,
I'm close to finishing the first book of my series, Twisted Branches and am looking for some feedback on the prose and content.
If I like your story and think it deserves a review 4 or up, I'll post it straight away. If my rating will be any lower, I'll send it to you via PM first to get your approval.

Twisted Branches

Synopsis:
The Old Gods won't sleep forever, and the Dread Beasts wish to reap the benefits of Yggdrasil and her children. Mankind relies on Aether Warriors and Mages to stand in the way.

Preparing to take the three trials of Magehood, Kat knows what she wants. If she can make it as a Sorceress, not only will she be able to venture into dangerous territories to procure rare materials for her father's once prosperous smithy, but also have the power to protect the ones she loves. However, life doesn't always go the way one hopes it will. There is more to the trial than her studies suggested. 

How will Kaitlyn Smythe make it in the world of blue bloods and affluent when all they see her as is a charity case?

How will she survive in the city of Ygg, when the nobles and drug traffickers are determined to bring it down before the Dread Beasts can get to it?

Yeah sounds like a great idea and ill be looking into it. If you want, feel free to check out mine which is an epic fantasy called Highborn.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/24819/highborn-the-stormforth-chronicles

Arthicern Wrote:

I'll get started on yours as soon as I finish Thedude's. Thanks for the review!

Wrote:

Twisted Branches

Synopsis:

Yeah sounds like a great idea and ill be looking into it. If you want, feel free to check out mine which is an epic fantasy called Highborn.

Looks good to me. 
I'll get on yours soon. We epic fantasy writers gotta stick together against the tide of LitRPG/GameLit!

jpuntuned Wrote:
Wrote:

Twisted Branches

Synopsis:

Looks good to me. 
I'll get on yours soon. We epic fantasy writers gotta stick together against the tide of LitRPG/GameLit!

if it is the epic fantasy you want do either of you want to do a swap with me?  Mine is an epic fantasy with a hard magic system, I'm about 250 pages in but I just wrote a prologue and am working on rewriting a few parts, here is the link if interested:
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22548/song-of-helheim-homecoming

Wrote:
jpuntuned Wrote:
Wrote:

Twisted Branches

Synopsis:

Looks good to me. 

if it is the epic fantasy you want do either of you want to do a swap with me?  Mine is an epic fantasy with a hard magic system, I'm about 250 pages in but I just wrote a prologue and am working on rewriting a few parts, here is the link if interested:
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22548/song-of-helheim-homecoming

Sure.