Re: Any writing competitions on Royal Road?

The Challenges and House Fuels forum is your best bet, as I hear things like the March Madness contest is run on there. I think there are a lot more writing prompts and guides for you to challenge yourself than there are community contests, that is unless you wait for specific contests such as NaNoWriMo which was added to the official RR announcements last year. I haven’t seen much of author hosting their own contests to the level that Wattpad does, but I like the forums on here more. There might be more on the Discord that i don’t know of.

There's always the option of hosting something yourself here on the forums, although I'm not sure what incentive writers might need beyond bragging rights.
The structure of Royal Road already encourages competition by nature of the follows/favourite/reviews/ratings systems on the main database but perhaps a writing prompt/short story format would work - I think I've read a few pieces here that were written for at least one similar, earlier competition.

Scribopileus Wrote: There's always the option of hosting something yourself here on the forums, although I'm not sure what incentive writers might need beyond bragging rights.
The structure of Royal Road already encourages competition by nature of the follows/favourite/reviews/ratings systems on the main database but perhaps a writing prompt/short story format would work - I think I've read a few pieces here that were written for at least one similar, earlier competition.

Yeah, as much as I would love to do that, I don't think I would have the time. Just wanted to join a competitioin and watch others do the reading and judging. Apart from writing my own I'm already editing two books on the platform 😅😅