Re: Free Proof Reading and Editing!

I am willing to take in two books for proof reading and editing. I will select a book I think I'll enjoy from whomever responds as I do not wish to get bored. But once you are picked I'll stick with you. All I ask is that you reference me in your description as the editor and follow me on patreon. You do not have to donate any money, just a follow.

I will take more when University closes as I am currently doing research and have less time to spare. If you find this a little late. Do contact me. I may keep you in mind for future reference.

can you give more info on how you think this will work and what types of stories you're interested in?
And what kind of references you have that you are good at this work?

You'll have to look at it from the other side as well - getting a simple betareader is easy, so why should anyone pick you for this job?
Please do not take this as an insult - you simply didn't give anything about yourself in this topic for us to be able to judge you, neither positive nor negativly.

@Andar, yes. I do hear you. 

Although quite new to this platform. I have some years in writing and editing. I have published a short story with English Alive. I was part of the Rebels Club on wattpad. A prominent reviewing and Editing group on the platform. A club to which I am returning to as I had taken a break to work on an academic project. You can read the first few chapters of King of Solace, a book I'm working on here on Royal Road to see if my English is of any merit. 

I am quite open to being fluid when it comes to how this will work. I can give suggestions on how to go about it but the ultimate choice is yours. My top suggestions would be: You post your story chapters on Wattpad where I can edit by giving you line for line comments, pointing out errors and giving you feedback in detail. 

You can also post your story chapters on your own google drive. Here you can give me permission to "comment only" on the document you posted and I can go ahead and give my suggested edits and ideas without physically changing your story myself. 
Both of these methods ensure the safety of the story with the author and mine as well. 

If you have other ideas, I'm welcome to hearing them. As I've said, I'm quite open to suggestions. I do not wish to be a mere beta reader, but to aid in building your story and perhaps make friends as well.

Another reference, which may not be valid on an international platform such as this, is that I am the Chairperson of the Tuks University's Writing Society. Sounds pretty prestigious but its merely a group of about twenty writers who meet every week to discuss and workshop each other's works. 

Thanks for pointing out how vague my post had been Andar. I am by no means offended. Any more questions are welcome. And this is by no means an add for wattpad. The platform just has a handy commenting system I wish will be introduced here as well. 

My goal here is to gain some publicity whilst helping out fellow writers. 
I prefer Action, adventure, fantasy and romance.  If your story has all these elements than even better!

Wrote: Sounds like I could definitely improve by having you look over my book!

You can take a look here: [/url][url=https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/23575/the-lost-redeemer]https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/23575/the-lost-redeemer

If you're interested, the book is already posted on Wattpad, or I have a private Google Doc version too.

I will look into the book and send you a PM :) thanks for responding so positively. Looking forward to reading your story. Already being o wattpad makes things a lot easier. 

Wrote: I prefer Action, adventure, fantasy and romance.  If your story has all these elements than even better!

My story has nothing of romance and only partial action (more strategy), but a lot of adventure and fantasy.
The link to "The General Core" is in my signature, if that is something you would be interested in we can talk more details by PM

Andar Wrote:
Wrote: I prefer Action, adventure, fantasy and romance.  If your story has all these elements than even better!

My story has nothing of romance and only partial action (more strategy), but a lot of adventure and fantasy.
The link to "The General Core" is in my signature, if that is something you would be interested in we can talk more details by PM

I will send a PM right away!