Re: Writing software with black background and white font? Anyone?

Using writing software and websites, such as Microsoft Word and Google Docs, are quite handy when writing drafts for a story, but I personally prefer to use writing software with black backgrounds and white fonts (something similar to the dark mode of RRL). 

For me, the standard white-colored background and the black font are too much for my eyes to handle. Hopefully, there is one. 

I don't know if any word processors support this, but I think a lot of text editors do. If you're willing to give up italics and stuff or add them later, maybe try something like Sublime Text?

A quick search suggests some browser extensions that might work for Gdocs. Darkdocs, maybe?

F.lux lets you tint your screen, and has a black/amber darkroom mode. It's a bit extreme, but it works across the whole OS.

I feel your pain man. I use a firefox plugin that changes the style of websites, and currently write on google drive. But it works anywhere.

Here's the addon

You can customise it as you please - I have some global preferences that switch text and background colour, like so (green text is just my preference...). It works everywhere, pretty much, but may cause some elements to be invisible (eg the image banner on a fiction page). It has two modes that are useful, "default" and "simple css".

https%3A%2F%2Fpreviews.dropbox.com%2Fp%2Fthumb%2FAAf...ize_mode%3D5

The dark theme here isn't terrible, but it's far from ideal.

In addition to that I use the LanguageTool plugin, both the firefox plugin and the google docs addon. And another addon to generate html for transferring into RR. Then after transferring I apply font alignment and a couple of other things, as the html addon only does html not the style connected to it (css). 

You can also try libreoffice, but it requires more effort. Here's a nice dark theme that looks complete.

Edit: Checked Quoll Writer. It does not have a dark mode.