Re: Honest review swap

I should start with the obvious. I am looking for review swaps, honest reviews. I don't want guaranteed 5 stars or something like that. Just an honest opinion and constructive feedback. 

With that out of the way I should actually say something about the story, right? :P 

Right, this is the story's link: The Regis Saga

It is planned as a mix of fantasy and sci-fi, mainly what happens to a fantasy world if it progresses to the state where science takes over. The start might confuse that point a bit because there is a heavy focus on the fantasy bit and this will continue for several more chapters. This is required as it is a tool to set the world, characters, etc. You get the idea Wink All good? Ok. :D

Now about the review part again. At the moment I have 9 chapters up with chapters coming out every Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Monday if I am busy). But I'm not going to sign under those words. :D

On my part, I offer to do an honest review of your work. If I do not like it, I'll read through a few chapters and do a short one, which I will send via PM if you want it up. If I like the story (and it is not like a 100 chapters) I will try to read it all up to date and write a review of everything that is up. In that case, I will not PM the review but put in the fiction's page. You know, because I liked it :D

Rudexvirus Wrote: Heya! I would be interested in doing a review swap with you! :D 

Here is the story that is ongoing on my part - https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/25136/visiting-an-old-one 

I will read through your story this week and should have the review by the end of it.  :)

That's funny in so many ways :D I just finished your other story a minute ago. :D

And I am in the process of reading through the first chapter of this one :D :D :D

PS: You might want to have a look at reddit's User Agreement Part 4: Your Content (link here) in case you've missed it.

I'd definitely like to swap reviews. I enjoy giving out constructive criticism as much as receiving it. Since your story isn't too long yet I'll probably blast right through it. You can check some of the other reviews I've left on other works to see that I'm pretty thorough.

My story: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/24511/the-girl-with-the-crimson-hair

If you do pick up and actually like it then I'd really appreciate some feedback on the story side (characters and plot). If you don't like it then feel free to drop it early on as I'd still be happy to review your story. 

My story is rather long despite its low chapter count (around 14 with each chapter being between 2500-7000 words) and I tend to release one a week.

The blurb:
The lesser races are mere pawns to be discarded and used. From their Kingdoms to their magic, they are allowed to exist for one purpose alone, to serve. But, to serve unwillingly breeds contempt, and with contempt comes war. It has been sixteen years since the last Allanian Revolution led by theCrimson Queen. Although defeated, her shadow continues to loom over the land and sea. Remira, the daughter of the Crimson Queen, has been kept hidden within the snow-covered walls of Castle Everstone — until now.

After a plot derived from the Kings Court comes to fruition, Remira has found herself tricked into an arranged marriage with a monster. Desperate, afraid, and alone, Remira attempts an escape to the Ashensong, a land untouched by cruelty of the Inaresh, where she believes she can start her life over. Unwilling to jeopardize her freedom, Remira is prepared to use every tool at her disposal to ensure she arrives safely or risks living the rest of her life within a cage.

Danduil Wrote: I'd definitely like to swap reviews. I enjoy giving out constructive criticism as much as receiving it. Since your story isn't too long yet I'll probably blast right through it. You can check some of the other reviews I've left on other works to see that I'm pretty thorough.

My story: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/24511/the-girl-with-the-crimson-hair

If you do pick up and actually like it then I'd really appreciate some feedback on the story side (characters and plot). If you don't like it then feel free to drop it early on as I'd still be happy to review your story. 

My story is rather long despite its low chapter count (around 14 with each chapter being between 2500-7000 words) and I tend to release one a week.

The blurb:
The lesser races are mere pawns to be discarded and used. From their Kingdoms to their magic, they are allowed to exist for one purpose alone, to serve. But, to serve unwillingly breeds contempt, and with contempt comes war. It has been sixteen years since the last Allanian Revolution led by theCrimson Queen. Although defeated, her shadow continues to loom over the land and sea. Remira, the daughter of the Crimson Queen, has been kept hidden within the snow-covered walls of Castle Everstone — until now.

After a plot derived from the Kings Court comes to fruition, Remira has found herself tricked into an arranged marriage with a monster. Desperate, afraid, and alone, Remira attempts an escape to the Ashensong, a land untouched by cruelty of the Inaresh, where she believes she can start her life over. Unwilling to jeopardize her freedom, Remira is prepared to use every tool at her disposal to ensure she arrives safely or risks living the rest of her life within a cage.

I'll give it a look. With your story and Ken Raynous' story, that's all I can manage for the week. :) Work and all that. 

Also, I should mention that the review for Rudexvirus is done. And I would really recommend his story as a good read.

MrAzE Wrote:
Danduil Wrote: I'd definitely like to swap reviews. I enjoy giving out constructive criticism as much as receiving it. Since your story isn't too long yet I'll probably blast right through it. You can check some of the other reviews I've left on other works to see that I'm pretty thorough.

The blurb:

I'll give it a look. With your story and Ken Raynous' story, that's all I can manage for the week. :) Work and all that. 

Also, I should mention that the review for Rudexvirus is done. And I would really recommend his story as a good read.

I really appreciate the review and the recommendation!! 

I finished with yours as well. 

Sorry to hijack the thread, but if the others in the thread wanted to swap with me as well, feel free to shoot me a message or something and I would be down with that. :)