Re: Hate-Reviews

What the hell is up with some of these hateful-ass reviews? It's almost as if people don't realize 'Hey, that guy took multiple years to write this, it might've taken the slightest bit of effort!'. No, no, it's not quite that so much as having one's work, from the very base to the top of the cake, insulted like it took no effort, no consideration, or no time to make. Shit, and you can't even reply? Can't explain why anything's the way it is, and then you have people who just don't get it, then choose to be pricks about their own lack of understanding.

Ringtail Wrote: What the hell is up with some of these hateful-ass reviews? It's almost as if people don't realize 'Hey, that guy took multiple years to write this, it might've taken the slightest bit of effort!'. No, no, it's not quite that so much as having one's work, from the very base to the top of the cake, insulted like it took no effort, no consideration, or no time to make. Shit, and you can't even reply? Can't explain why anything's the way it is, and then you have people who just don't get it, then choose to be pricks about their own lack of understanding.

Get in line. I have a dedicated haterbase that spams all my stories with hate-reviews. Once those get deleted by the mods, they do it again, until they get sick of their reviews being deleted for breaking rules and their rants dissapearing and just slap me with 0.5ers. 

I've counted close to 15 or so hate reviews on just two of my stories so far. That's counting deleted ones. 

Also, i read the reviews, then went and checked that against the story. That wasn't a HATE-REVIEW, that was someone's fair opinion. Both reviews, actually. if anything, those reviewers were polite about it, and had fair points. Those aren't hate-reviews. hate-reviews are when someone directly attacks the author, the story or characters, likely can't spell right and sound like they're 12. That's a hate-review. 

Most of them seem to come from self-entitled 12yr olds bitching and complaining about the MC not doing what they want and how POV switches suck. 

I dunno, i meant what I said. The first chapter was incredibly unpleasant and two was only marginally better. This was bad dude, objectively bad. At first I thought you were writing ironically, trying to create something as objectionable as possible to trigger people or something but the further I went the more I was like "oh this dude is serious, that's messed up".

Bad reviews are part of the course and it's their freedom of expression. Of course, you should let the mods remove every review that has insults or other forms of inappropriate language (like swear words and sexual expressions), as this is a violation of the rules.

If you don't agree with a review, it's fine. Sometimes you can even laugh about it, like, "They don't get the point" or "This story isn't meant for you" and you feel better. Sometimes you have to agree to one or two aspects and may be feel a bit bad about it, but oh well, at least you put effort into something like creating a story and posting it and that alone is enough to be proud of. Doing something and being laughed at or critizised is better than doing nothing and talking big, no? ;)

I know, it's always grating to have a bad review, especially if you think it's unjust. Yet it's totally normal and every second you're boiling over it, is a second you might have used to make the people who enjoy your story happy.

EDIT: But I do have to admit that making advanced reviews out of it though nothing of the advanced ratings were addressed seems for me, as an outsider, harsher than it might deserve.

I still agree with this I quote below, Ringtail at least you have something to improve, but this kind of review, I write it in comments.  
SN7 Wrote: Reviews are there for, well, reviewing the content, not its backstory. From what I've seen on your profile, it looks like a regular review. You weren't insulted or attacked, he/she pointed out what they didn't like, and that's basically it.

I'm still searching for a satisfying read based to what I like. >.> I be patient and wait for those to appear and wait for those two(3 if only that other one has few grammar errors) that I favorite to be updated.