Re: Publishing a Story that I have published from other sites - Yay or Nay?

lol, you should be more concerned what Webnovel will think of your idea. RR is pretty cool with stories in other sites provided that you can prove that it is yours in the first place. The way I remember how Qidian operates is once they offer you a pittance for your story, then they will demand exclusivity. 

Normally how it works in RR is that you publish your story here, get popular, and then go to sites like Amazon to professionally publish your work. Only then are you obligated to delete the majority of your work here since its a requirement for publishing.

You need to read the terms and regulations of the sites. Each site do it differently.

RR is okay with publishing stories you published in other sites, as long as it is yours, but other sites might not want you to publish your story in other sites like RR. You have to check on them.

This would get even more complicated if you want to monetize your story. There would be more rules to sift through.

I'm currently publishing on Tapas, Webnovel, Patreon, and Royalroad. I was on Wattpad and Inkitt for a while but my work didn't get many views/comments etc. on Wattpad or Inkitt-- Wattpad's really great if you're writing fanfic or romance, I think, and Inkitt... seems to just be kinda dead, honestly. Each site has a totally different reader audience (for the most part).

None of these platforms demand exclusivity; sometimes they'll approach people with projects and propose a deal that involves exclusivity, but you'll know when that happens.

For Patreon I post several chapters ahead of what's free-to-read.
New Reply