Re: Need some help in improving the initial idea for my story ( first one).

Well, I am a complete newbie here. I don't know how the idea of writing a story got into me, but it has become my dream to write at least one story in my life. I have tried writing before but, got no were with it. But a couple of months ago I stumbled upon this site ( I was looking for a good Litrpg and happened to find The Arcane Emperor by chance) and started reading the stories here. Soon I realized that this might be the chance I've been waiting for.Here  I could get the opinions and suggestions other writers, who unlike me know what they are doing. So here I am, now asking for your assistance in improving and polishing my for writing my own first ever story.

Enough about me (  sorry if I have bored you and thanks for your patience ), now let get into my Idea. So let me first tell you that I wish make an OP MC, in this story ( and every subsequent ones, if any). And ever since reading Regicide I am obsessed with Litrpgs and, especially since completing Chaos Seeds Series , so this is going to be a Litrpg. And frankly I am also very much interested in books having 2 or more different worlds like  The Arcane Emperor , Chaos Seeds Series, etc. So there is also  that. and that is where the problem is, I can't find an interesting way for sending the MC from his World to the Game World. So Please help me to tackle this Problem.        

In Truck-San we trust. Joking aside, the prevalence of Isekai protagonists that got killed by a truck should tell you that this neither makes or breaks a story. Seemingly neither does a ridiculous premise like being reborn into a vending machine. It's there as a short-hand to get the story going.

That said, if you know the genre conventions, you can toy with them. For the longest time, I wanted to write two parody short stories. One: A young woman stumbles on the toy truck of her nephew. Since she basically died by Truck, she is now eligible for rebirth but unlike everyone else, she really kinda doesn't want to at all because she isn't really a chosen-by-truck. Two: The story starts with a shrine maiden summoning heroes and banishing them instantly. This one? Wants panties, banish. That one? Scrawny, banish. When her mana is gone, she summons one last hero and gets the protagonist - he helps her develop devious summoning techniques tailored to her dislike of summoned heroes. Oh no, fireballs are falling down on us - quick, summon ten isekai protagonists as a spontaneous magic shield. Oh woe is us, the goblins are coming, summon an Isekai so they're distracted by house-delivered lunch!

I'm never going to write them, so yeah. You wanted actual advice though, so here it is:
Depending on your world setup (you mentioned a game world), the process can be voluntary or forced. It can include the option to go back (just logout, VRMMOs basically) or they might be stuck there - or jump dimensions anyways. Frequent methods include acts of god where a divine force throws the characters into a mess for their entertainment. They can include random and never explained portals, you might go the route of an experiment or a character finds an old spell book and uses that to cross over at will, a spaceship can crash with a dimensional drive or a unicorn suddenly collapses on time square and the protagonist just happened to be the first to take a selfie (Selphie? Get it? Ugh, I'm seeing myself out).
You need to decide how important the reason for the transition is going to be. If you're more interested in writing your own world with game elements and someone from our world? Don't sweat the transition. Truck-San is a legend for a reason. However once that transition needs to play a big part in the story, you'll then have to figure out your characters, their motivations, what kind of world they start out in, why they would want to switch or why they might be needed somewhere else. From there, you can then adapt the method of travelling and nail down whether it's one-sided or two-sided. Everything is cool - maybe a group of friends just want to be the best at an MMORPG - but personal life gets in the way to the top? Whatever you do, your characters and the world they are in/will be in should inform you how they're going to cross over.

/edit: Uh, you posted this twice? Which one do you want the discussion in?!

I understand that having an original or uniquely interesting way of sending the MC to another world is a problem now given the oversaturation of the isekai genre. I would just like to share how a manga I've read handled the transport to another world thing (it's not litrpg though, but it might help you brainstorm something). 

An army from the holy church, with paladins at priests and all that, were attacking a very powerful necromancer. The necromancer was this huge skeleton, but the holy army was winning because they have heroes on their side. Now, the necromancer casts his final spell in a showdown with the hero paladin. Then it shifts to our world (it's a reverse isekai) where a child has just woken up. It's implied that the hero probably died and got transported to our world due to the spell of the necromancer. Kinda generic, right? 

It's just that a few scenes after, it's shown that the kid can summon skeletons and stuff. So it was actually the necromancer who was transported to our world. It's like the biggest mindblown isekai transportation I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I didn't like the rest of the manga, so I stopped reading it. I couldn't even remember the name of the manga, but that first chapter twist really got to me, and I'll remember it forever XD.

Hopefully this has helped you think of ideas to subvert the usual tropes of getting the MC to the rpg world. 

Although you didn't ask about this, I must say that OP MC genre is also very saturated and you must also think about ways how to differentiate your OP MC story from the hundreds, maybe even thousands, in that genre. 

Felias Wrote: In Truck-San we trust. Joking aside, the prevalence of Isekai protagonists that got killed by a truck should tell you that this neither makes or breaks a story. Seemingly neither does a ridiculous premise like being reborn into a vending machine. It's there as a short-hand to get the story going.

That said, if you know the genre conventions, you can toy with them. For the longest time, I wanted to write two parody short stories. One: A young woman stumbles on the toy truck of her nephew. Since she basically died by Truck, she is now eligible for rebirth but unlike everyone else, she really kinda doesn't want to at all because she isn't really a chosen-by-truck. Two: The story starts with a shrine maiden summoning heroes and banishing them instantly. This one? Wants panties, banish. That one? Scrawny, banish. When her mana is gone, she summons one last hero and gets the protagonist - he helps her develop devious summoning techniques tailored to her dislike of summoned heroes. Oh no, fireballs are falling down on us - quick, summon ten isekai protagonists as a spontaneous magic shield. Oh woe is us, the goblins are coming, summon an Isekai so they're distracted by house-delivered lunch!

I'm never going to write them, so yeah. You wanted actual advice though, so here it is:
Depending on your world setup (you mentioned a game world), the process can be voluntary or forced. It can include the option to go back (just logout, VRMMOs basically) or they might be stuck there - or jump dimensions anyways. Frequent methods include acts of god where a divine force throws the characters into a mess for their entertainment. They can include random and never explained portals, you might go the route of an experiment or a character finds an old spell book and uses that to cross over at will, a spaceship can crash with a dimensional drive or a unicorn suddenly collapses on time square and the protagonist just happened to be the first to take a selfie (Selphie? Get it? Ugh, I'm seeing myself out).
You need to decide how important the reason for the transition is going to be. If you're more interested in writing your own world with game elements and someone from our world? Don't sweat the transition. Truck-San is a legend for a reason. However once that transition needs to play a big part in the story, you'll then have to figure out your characters, their motivations, what kind of world they start out in, why they would want to switch or why they might be needed somewhere else. From there, you can then adapt the method of travelling and nail down whether it's one-sided or two-sided. Everything is cool - maybe a group of friends just want to be the best at an MMORPG - but personal life gets in the way to the top? Whatever you do, your characters and the world they are in/will be in should inform you how they're going to cross over.

/edit: Uh, you posted this twice? Which one do you want the discussion in?!

This indeed was very useful. I thought this forum was not for these kind of threads ( a realization after posting it) and posted the same thread in the general forum. And since I didn't expect a replay to this thread I did't bother to follow it. But that was a mistake, because this is the most solid idea that I have received. If possible plz go through the same thread posted at the general forum.

Hierophant Wrote: I understand that having an original or uniquely interesting way of sending the MC to another world is a problem now given the oversaturation of the isekai genre. I would just like to share how a manga I've read handled the transport to another world thing (it's not litrpg though, but it might help you brainstorm something). 

An army from the holy church, with paladins at priests and all that, were attacking a very powerful necromancer. The necromancer was this huge skeleton, but the holy army was winning because they have heroes on their side. Now, the necromancer casts his final spell in a showdown with the hero paladin. Then it shifts to our world (it's a reverse isekai) where a child has just woken up. It's implied that the hero probably died and got transported to our world due to the spell of the necromancer. Kinda generic, right? 

It's just that a few scenes after, it's shown that the kid can summon skeletons and stuff. So it was actually the necromancer who was transported to our world. It's like the biggest mindblown isekai transportation I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I didn't like the rest of the manga, so I stopped reading it. I couldn't even remember the name of the manga, but that first chapter twist really got to me, and I'll remember it forever XD.

Hopefully this has helped you think of ideas to subvert the usual tropes of getting the MC to the rpg world. 

Although you didn't ask about this, I must say that OP MC genre is also very saturated and you must also think about ways how to differentiate your OP MC story from the hundreds, maybe even thousands, in that genre.

I too liked that twist, don't know how this can be used in this situation. But thanks for the idea anyway, getting more ideas won't hurt a writer ( especially wanna be writers like my self).