Re: 4 Years of RoyalRoad.

Today marks officially the 4th year since I've made an account here and I just want to say thank you to everyone here. This magnificent community and platform inspired me to try writing and it has supported me with it, every step of the way.

I've taken a step back from my usual activity on RR because of academic responsibilities, but every time I visit this place has improved. I don't know who'll read this, the forums aren't that active anymore, unfortunately, but still, thank you for being part of this wonderful place.

I can't wait to see how this place develops in the future and I'll be sure to try continuing with my own writing, when possible. 

I see a lot of new people discovering this place and/or making accounts, to them I want to say that this. If you are wondering about the community here or whether you should post your story here, then I'd say to go for it; this is a great place to receive feedback and develop yourself. When I first started writing, I was not great at it, but because my readers kept on encouraging me, I managed to improve and develop myself further. You will rarely get unjustified negative feedback and there are always people willing to help.

This tread didn't really have a clear purpose, but seeing that I've been here for 4 years, I'd thought that I would try to share my experience. This may eventually get buried, but thank you for taking the time to read this.

Congrats on four years, I'll only be two months behind you.

I still remember reading Fiction #55 for the first time and thinking #1000 was a lot. Now the newest is #24906 and counting. How times have changed.

Remember when fictions were displayed in forum format with signatures? The site's come a long way since then. (Thanks KanadaJ and the team)

Aselo Wrote: Hey I remember you and your story.
That was really good are you going to write another one anytime soon?

I initially began writing in the final year of high school and managed to complete my book before the end of my first semester at university. Now, I'm currently in my second year and the workload is killing me. I have plans for a sequel and writing again, but the problem is that I probably won't be able to maintain a proper upload schedule and I know how frustrating that would be for readers. I've been itching to start writing again, so who knows, maybe you'll see my next story in the latest updates list.

I'm glad you enjoyed my story and thanks for taking the time to read my post.
New Reply