Re: Should I merge my chapters to make them longer?

I agree with the previous posters. At least on RR, people don't seem to mind one week releases. So one long chapter is preferred over multiple short ones in one week. Also, I find that longer chapters are better for story flow. A short chapter can make a reader feel like nothing much happened at all in each one individually. Also, it makes them click less. I just recently rewrote the beginning of my story, so my ~1K chapters are closer to 1.5-2K or more. And with the newer chapter releases after the rewrite, I've been matching this length and writing 1.5-2K. The increment of 500 or more words does well in giving a fuller experience. I also find that cutting off where the story ended is better/easier. Before, it felt like more artificial cuts in the middle of paragraphs.

No, don't merge them! I am personally all-in for shorter chapter on web fiction because of the simple fact that reading web novels is sometimes pretty difficult when you're on the go and reading while on the train, or on break at work, etc. For longer chapters, you get midway into it and oh, your break is over, crud. And then it takes you a minute to find your place again, especially on mobile where tabs love to refresh themselves after 5 or 10 minutes without use. Shorter chapters mean you can "save your place" better. 

People complaining about short chapters are effectively complaining that they have to click an extra few times. Potentially hurting your story by combining what were originally separate chapters isn't worth that, because it's not like people are going to not read a story because the chapters are short, as long as the story is good.

This is referring to chapters already posted though. If you have some on the pipeline that are 300-600 words, and people are complaining about the new content being sparse... Maybe post more often? Or expand the chapters slightly if you can find a place?

I personally prefer 1,500-2,500 word chapters or so. Short is fine but I agree with 300/600 words, unless it's an unusual and super punchy case, it's probably a bit hard to get into the flow of the story as a reader-- more like snippets of flash fiction than chapters.

If the scenes aren't flowing naturally from chapter to chapter and they're so short, that's possibly a problem for readers as well. When I'm writing I think of chapter breaks as pauses for dramatic impact after a short "arc" (as tanemrin mentioned) rather than as fully separate pieces.