Re: How do i get followers

Just keep posting. that's the only way to go about it. 

You post, put up content, and hope your title and sypnosis are attractive enough to lure in readers. There's no quick and easy way to get followers. Just keep providing content and people might follow you. 

Be aware that even if you churn out tonnes of stuff, you have to be good, or at least readable for people to click that follow button. 

You just have to produce content, as was said before. There is no secret beyond creating something people are interested in. It's pretty safe to assume that the majority of people that read aren't going to comment. We are all just kind of throwing our stories into the wild and hoping they catch interest. 

Try to keep a consistent update schedule so more people have an opportunity to find your stories. 

Best of luck. 

Your novels have very little pages, you probably won't start getting many comments/follows until you hit between 100 and 200 pages. People like when there is a lot to read through and when it's clear that you stably update your story, no one wants to read one that will get dropped after a few chapters.

For now, just keep releasing, the readers will come with time.

Another thing people haven't mentioned is to post at different times. Initially, I posted mostly in the mornings. I'd vary it an hour here or there, but for the most part it was pretty predictable. After a couple weeks of that, the number of new followers I'd get when posting a chapter was only about 1 (maybe 2 on a good day). Posting in the afternoon or evenings is now netting me more followers per chapter (presumably because different people are reading at that time, so it's getting exposed to a new audience).

It's good to have a routine that readers can trust, but especially if you're looking for new readers varying things here and there is smart, too.

In your specific case, you also might want to proof-read a bit more closely. I personally would be unlikely to even click through to your work's main page because there's a typo in the title ("Lightnign" should be "Lightning").

Wrote: Another thing people haven't mentioned is to post at different times. Initially, I posted mostly in the mornings. I'd vary it an hour here or there, but for the most part it was pretty predictable. After a couple weeks of that, the number of new followers I'd get when posting a chapter was only about 1 (maybe 2 on a good day). Posting in the afternoon or evenings is now netting me more followers per chapter (presumably because different people are reading at that time, so it's getting exposed to a new audience).

It's good to have a routine that readers can trust, but especially if you're looking for new readers varying things here and there is smart, too.

In your specific case, you also might want to proof-read a bit more closely. I personally would be unlikely to even click through to your work's main page because there's a typo in the title ("Lightnign" should be "Lightning").

Great points, just have too ask where you are located ^^ pretty sure you're afternoon is a bit difdiffer then mine so just want to get the time table right :)

Hi, 
Followers are hard to find but they stick with you for some time. I had to post over a hundred chapters to attract nine hundred followers. And I have been on RRL for just over a year. It takes time unless you are coming to RRl with supporters who followed your writing from other websites. I had hoped to achieve by the thousands considering the efforts I have sunk into my story but hey, such is life.

If frustration creeps in and you think that only RRL is biased or the Admin supports only Authors who signed up for Premium accounts dispel that thought. When I was posting three chapters per week, I once jumped into the top hundred. You have to be focused and consistent if you want Readers to find and stick with you. Then they will click that follow button.
Keep writing and replying to your readers who comment. 
If your work and writing are well written, you will find your followers. Good Luck!

Wrote: Great points, just have too ask where you are located ^^ pretty sure you're afternoon is a bit difdiffer then mine so just want to get the time table right :)

Whoops, forgot to respond to this! My point isn't that you should be posting at the same actual times as me; just that you should vary the times you post relative to your own day.

Well, apart from what was pointed out already:
- Have a nice cover.
- Have an interesting introduction.
- Be clear about what genre your story is in the said introduction.
- Spark reader's interest in the first chapter. There are many ways to do it, but that's not the topic here, so I won't rant.
- Post regularly (that's something I can't seem to be able to do, eh)
- Especially early on, it's better to mass-release chapters instead of putting them 1 by 1 each day. More visibility on the front page this way. Also, mass-release in a smart way. Only add new chapter once your story dissapears from the newest update feed on the main page, kek.

Apart from those, as others said, write well and write a lot and you will get followers / reviews.

There's a great free app called Canva https://www.canva.com/ that makes making covers from stock photos very easy-- if you're doing a fantasy or science-fiction novel or so on there's plenty of images of stars, forests, castles etc. that you can apply effects to and put your title on.

ETA: That said, I paid an artist for my cover and I LOVE it, so that's recommended as well Tongue

obran Wrote: Don't listen to any of these people.  Track down your readers to their home.  Start following them around.  They will eventually start following you back.

This is solid advice. They might follow you back with the police in hand though. Gotta work hard to convert the police to followers as well but it's worth it.