Re: co-author feature

I skimmed through the suggestions forum and saw nothing requesting this but thought it was a good idea.

idea: 
setting the ability to add 'co-authors'

a way to make it work: 
have the person who makes the story get a button for adding a co-author (by linking it to their profioe) or to generate a 1-use link to grant the ability to edit/add to the book

Author 2: hey, I want to be your co-author in your story!

Author 1: Okay, here's the link so that you can edit my work.

Author 2: Great now add this: "Stupid original MC has a heart attack and suddenly died. But don't worry, his next-door neighbor, Bert, who is far better MC, is able to grab his power and will continue his journey and adventure from now on. Unlike the original MC, who we should not talk about ever again, Bert is not a goody-goody two shoe and takes what he wants. More importantly, Bert likes girls and not a fag, and so he starts creating his very own harem."

Quote: the ability to add 'co-authors' 

RR isn't really particularly authors profile based- you follow individual stories not authors.
So the way you do this is actually pretty simple, make a new RR account and share it with your friend. In the stories info you can provide links to your solo accounts.
P.s if you are serious about a collab google docs is probably the way to go or something

batotit Wrote: Author 2: hey, I want to be your co-author in your story!

Author 1: Okay, here's the link so that you can edit my work.

Author 2: Great now add this: "Stupid original MC has a heart attack and suddenly died. But don't worry, his next-door neighbor, Bert, who is far better MC, is able to grab his power and will continue his journey and adventure from now on. Unlike the original MC, who we should not talk about ever again, Bert is not a goody-goody two shoe and takes what he wants. More importantly, Bert likes girls and not a fag, and so he starts creating his very own harem."

Lol could see this happening, but that would sorta be the original authors fault for giving the code to the other guy... Also was just a suggestion on how they could implement said feature 
one should use a little common sense and not hand out keys to their personal work w/o first fully trusting who they hand it to. 

ExplosiveVent Wrote:
Quote: the ability to add 'co-authors' 

RR isn't really particularly authors profile based- you follow individual stories not authors.
So the way you do this is actually pretty simple, make a new RR account and share it with your friend. In the stories info you can provide links to your solo accounts.
P.s if you are serious about a collab google docs is probably the way to go or something

Actually both of those are nice ideas I'll go talk with my bro later and we can look into doing this. Thanks
New Reply