Re: Story Write Order Troubles

I have been reading a Space Opera series and was inspired by some of their late-game ships and stations. I wrote up my own ships and stations, but they are made for late in the story, and I didn't write a beginning or middle for my story. All I have is potential characters, and scenes that might show up later into my story, only modified slightly. 

What do I do?

Re: Story Write Order Troubles

It sounds like you are asking for help on how to write the beginning and middle of the book. You're in a good position if you already know the ending, as it is the latter half of the book that tends to suffer more plot issues. I suggest you start by making a list of similar milestones for the entire book, that way you have the key events you want to take place and can start filling in the gaps. 

That would form your basic outline and then from there you can decide whether you want to start writing or add more detail to the outline. If you are also writing a Space Opera as well, detail is probably your best option, as your plot needs to be tight and logical.
New Reply