Re: I need help with names, i can't think of anything for my modern magic theme.

Frogs everywhere.
In other news.

I would recommend also just checking out old myths and folklore. While yes there are many names that make no sense to anyone today. There are still older names that you can just make contemporary. I mean. A name does not have to be flashy or catchy to be a good name.

Just ask Vampire Hunter D, Blade or any other number of very common words that have gone on to become prominent fictional characters is stories.
Hell nearly every name for a blade is used as a character name at some point.
Blade --> Vampires
Sabre --> Altria Pendragon in Fate/Stay Night
Excalibur --> Soul Eater.

Names also do not have to reflect the character very well when used originally. As evidenced by Excalibur who is mainly used as comedic relief in that story.

I would not get overly caught up in names and instead focus on plot points. Plot points are usually what stump most people imo.

Hope I helped. Happy Frog Day.

Re: I need help with names, i can't think of anything for my modern magic theme.

CrimsonRegen Wrote: List any modern day magic names that you can think of that aren't copyrighted. Please?

Names can't be copyrighted. Ideas also can't be copyrighted. Somewhere, sometime, there will be a book that has a character, who has a name that another character has in another book. There are multiple Bobs and Jacks out there in real life, just like in fantasy or sci-fi. Sometimes an arcane name will sound more unique or cooler.
New Reply