Re: Changing POV in Posted Chapters

I would imagine most fictions should stick to one type of pov - whether third or first. It really depends on the context of the fic and if you're doing it quite a lot or if this is a one off: if it is a one off it should likely be made uniformed, but it's actually entirely up to yourself as the author and what it is you're trying to go for. People who have read it already are not likely to re-read it, and you'll mostly be changing it for the benefit of new people.

hope this helps :) 

Chiisutofupuru Wrote: I don't understand why'd you switch.
I write in the third limited perspective VERY similarly to how I'd write in the first person perspective.
(Almost literally change She/Her/He/Him to I/Me...)
How would you write differently *Curious*

I think I would make the story sound like my main characters are telling their own stories from their point of view. They will use their own words and personalities as they explain what is going on. That way my readers could feel closer to my characters.

ActionWriter500 Wrote:
I write in the third limited perspective VERY similarly to how I'd write in the first person perspective.

I think I would make the story sound like my main characters are telling their own stories from their point of view. They will use their own words and personalities as they explain what is going on. That way my readers could feel closer to my characters.

Gah! Not another multiple FP story!

StenDuring Wrote:
ActionWriter500 Wrote:
I write in the third limited perspective VERY similarly to how I'd write in the first person perspective.

Gah! Not another multiple FP story!

I meant one main character. The others will be in their own fictions. 

ActionWriter500 Wrote: [quote='StenDuring']

I've glanced at: The Werewolf Cheerleader and I spotted a couple things that can close that distance without changing to the 1st person perspective.

Like the filtering (or filter words): she thought, she knew, she felt, she wondered, she looked... all make the reader look at the character, rather than having the reader focus on what the character is focused on. (Did that make sense?)
So instead of telling: "...although she wondered if Poppy had read her mind."
You can instead show what she wondered: She read my mind again, didn't she?

If a character is *looking* at something, you don't need to tell us they looked at and saw it, skip that and just describe that something. Obviously, if we are in a character perspective, readers and characters should witness the same thing.

Here's a couple of links that may explain things better than I can:
https://emmadarwin.typepad.com/thisitchofwriting/psychic-distance-what-it-is-and-how-to-use-it.html
https://writeitsideways.com/are-these-filter-words-weakening-your-fiction/

Chiisutofupuru Wrote:
ActionWriter500 Wrote: [quote='StenDuring']

I've glanced at: [url=https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/23756/the-werewolf-cheerleader-book-one][/url]The Werewolf Cheerleader and I spotted a couple things that can close that distance without changing to the 1st person perspective.

Like the filtering (or filter words): she thought, she knew, she felt, she wondered, she looked... all make the reader look at the character, rather than having the reader focus on what the character is focused on. (Did that make sense?)
So instead of telling: "...although she wondered if Poppy had read her mind."
You can instead show what she wondered: She read my mind again, didn't she?

If a character is *looking* at something, you don't need to tell us they looked at and saw it, skip that and just describe that something. Obviously, if we are in a character perspective, readers and characters should witness the same thing.

Here's a couple of links that may explain things better than I can:
https://emmadarwin.typepad.com/thisitchofwriting/psychic-distance-what-it-is-and-how-to-use-it.html
https://writeitsideways.com/are-these-filter-words-weakening-your-fiction/

Thanks. I am a sucker of filter words.