Re: What powers must have zombie MC?

Donno, don’t want to write your story for you.  The first question I would ask is “why do zombies eat brains, shamble, lurch, and groan.” Then build your powers around that.  I.e. in izombie, zombies eat brains to get memories.  Maybe something like that.  In a litRPG world maybe eating a certain amount of something increases a stat.  Let’s say zombies when they are born are incredibly weak.  Say they start with a 3 in all their stats.  The only way they can kill something is by joining a zombie hoard and attacking en mass. If an individidual zombie eats an arm or a leg they get a boost of +1 to strength or endurance or adgility. If they eat a brain they get a +1 to intelligence or wisdom.

As they get stronger they have to leave the hoard since while it is easier to kill in a group it is also harder to feed.  When they get to a certain strenth they also start gettng skills from the people they eat.  The skills are also basic until they eat enough people with that skill to level it up.

So let’s say a zombie with a 0 in pistol eats someone with a 5 in pistol there is a certain random chance that they get a 1 in pistol.  Then they eat someone with a 3 in pistol  and there is a certain random chance their pistol increases to 2 then they eat smeone with a skill of 1 in pistol, they have no chance in ranking their skill up since they already have a 2 skill and the person they ate only has a 1.  Of course they could also get a random useless skill like sandstone carving or beer making.

Re: What powers must have zombie MC?

Replying to the title, here is a power that "must have a zombie MC":

----
Viewing body parts as gears or equipment.

When a zombie loses a leg, how is it able to walk again? Regenerate? Not possible, otherwise zombies will end up with smooth complexion instead of been rotten... I also highly doubt the zombie will simply lie there crippled till end of time. The most logical answer I can come up with, is that said zombie will pick its leg up and stick it back. Now, if the zombie picks something else, that "something else" should stick too if it's made "corpse-material", no? I mean, zombies are animated corpse after all.

Other zombie wouldn't think much of something so mundane, and I highly doubt they care much about transplant rejection. As for the MC, either through luck or intelligence, it will understand the meanings behind switching body parts and take the chance to exploit of this ability as much as the creativity of the author.

In a game-fantasy genre, the MC can have a right arm of a warrior, left hand of a wizard, eyes of a ranger, body of a cyclops and legs of a centaur. There can be many more combinations; the sky's the limit.

In modern or apocalyptic genre, "stuffs" the humans have may be more "limited"... but there's always the zoo, or wild (read mutated) animals out there to loot.