Re: CK2 is a good game!

Been playing Europa 4 Universalis since it released and recently attempted Stellaris and found it extremely more complicated then EU4. That or the sciency-ness of it was off putting. But I have been considering trying CK2 but have been hesitant because of how poorly I reacted to Stellaris. Any tips or pointers about CK2 from a major EU4 player?

Re: CK2 is a good game!

Yeah, CK is also one of my best games.

Wrote: Been playing Europa 4 Universalis since it released and recently attempted Stellaris and found it extremely more complicated then EU4. That or the sciency-ness of it was off putting. But I have been considering trying CK2 but have been hesitant because of how poorly I reacted to Stellaris. Any tips or pointers about CK2 from a major EU4 player?

Stellaris is fun but a bit boring.
Tips about CK2? Okay!
The first goal: The first what you must do is to seize the next county/counties as quick as possible.
1.Take a loan at the beggining and attack the next county. Good if it is a pagan - no ploting and wasting time.
1.1. If you are a duke, seize your vassals counties by force. Don't pay attention to your reputation. Just take a land.
1.2. If you are a vassal, plot against your peers withing the same duchy. Take loans and attack them. Then finish your duke.
The second goal: Centralize all power in your arms. Don't pay attention to you vassals or their wishes. They will rise against you in the end, so there isn't reason to care about them. Make them weak.
I believe, you must have a small number of vassals. Make your own domain as big as possible. Don't give a counsil any power.
The third goal: Don't attack everyone. Choose the best lands for conquering. Make your neighbours your tributaries. Squeeze them as much as possible.
The fourth goal: Become an emperor. Keep an eye on your neighbours. Keep them weak.
If you conquered someone, it doesn't mean that that land is yours to the end. Grant independance withour fear. Divide conquered lands and grant independance to make them weak.