Re: Is there a way to block someone?

What would that mean if I could? 
Can they not see my posts or can I just not see theirs?

If it hasn’t been made yet but will at some point plz make it so that they can’t see my posts AND I can’t see theirs...
There is no point in blocking someone if it’s just me being unable to see theirs... it’s a good way to mock someone behind their back or be mocked behind my back...

Given how abusive readers can be, a block function sure would be nice. Haven't found one yet.
Quote:There is no point in blocking someone if it’s just me being unable to see theirs... it’s a good way to mock someone behind their back or be mocked behind my back...

The point of a block is to help in exiting unwanted conversations with someone. It's a tool that helps with self control. Everything after just isn't your business anymore, since you have chosen to exit the conversation. The extended feature you want then is a pandora's box. For example: What if someone quotes either of you? Would that comment be hidden from view too? How would the system know - would each comment then have to be compared and analyzed in comparison to other comments? What about just plain logging out - would the block system persist past a logout (GDPR begins breathing heavily)? What if the user creates a second account and bypasses it?

Honestly, just have a normal block function. It protects you from yourself and if you want a win, do consider that your opponent is henceforth wasting time and energy talking to the void. This cuts out 95% of all troublesome internet interaction. The remainder would bypass ever more complex systems out of spite.

DivineCat Wrote: There is no point in blocking someone if it’s just me being unable to see theirs... it’s a good way to mock someone behind their back or be mocked behind my back...

That gives you too much power. I mean you are not the only one using the forum, I too want to see what others are saying. 

If someone said, "That DivineCat fellow is impossible to talk to!" and you don't want to listen to that shit, then you can block him. But I don't want to give you the power to block him from talking to me. 

The posibility of someone mocking you behind your back is just something you just have to live with. Just like in real life.
New Reply