Re: Devourer of Destiny and it's author just gone?

EterniaLogic Wrote: Is it possible for somebody to have hacked his account using common over-used passwords, then deleted his account, which also deleted the story?

If so, is there a backup? Always good to check IPs...  :ermm:

His novel is also gone from Webnovel. It's highly likely that the author did this himself. 

Please keep in mind that due to the GDPR, we aren't allowed to store any personal data, including the IP address, once a user requests deletion of their account, so we have no way to verify this afterwards.

kanadaj Wrote:
EterniaLogic Wrote: Is it possible for somebody to have hacked his account using common over-used passwords, then deleted his account, which also deleted the story?

If so, is there a backup? Always good to check IPs...  :ermm:

His novel is also gone from Webnovel. It's highly likely that the author did this himself. 

Please keep in mind that due to the GDPR, we aren't allowed to store any personal data, including the IP address, once a user requests deletion of their account, so we have no way to verify this afterwards.

He's been off webnovel for awhile and switched too rrl as his main platform, after giving heads up. It's still just as likely something else has happend.

One thing I will add though, as far as negativity. Being overly positive is just as toxic as being overly negative. In fact I actually see it in a way, as being worse than overly negative. Neither one particularly adds any real value to a user's experience.

If their reasoning for leaving is to do negativity, it's probably better for their self-esteem to not host here.

Going to argue on that. 

There is no such thing as being 'too positive". Negativity serves only to drag down an author. Positivity helps them along, encourages them. I go around helping other authors where i can, and always try to stay positive, to encourage them. I don't regret it in any way. Because I know that i just might be giving them that little push that decides whether or not they continue posting. 

t doesn't need to add 'real value', it just needs to brighten their day a little. 

Obo Wrote: Saying something negative is not bad, how are authors supposed to know how to improve their stories if they never get any actual criticism?

Depends on how that negativity is framed. Constructive criticism yes, simply being a cynic. Not so much.

Web designers: I really have nothing else to add here, so I don't really get the purpose of an abtrutrary character count for posting. Ah tha's right, another post leading to absolutely nowhere and doubling because the page doesn't turn.

Also think people are smart enough to know the kind of excess positivity I'm talking about. Not praise balanced with constructive critique. That's fine.

The whole, "I think you're great, but I'm your mother" stuff people do sometimes.
New Reply