Re: In a dark fantasy, dystopian story, what is the likely proposed nature of Ragnarok?

If Ragnarok were real and were to occur on Earth in 18 months, what would its nature be?

(Yes this is a research and discussion poll. I thought this would be fun to gather data on. And yes this is for a story arc I'm working on, but I won't say for which story.)

A. Ragnarok will likely be the mountain of fire and ice described in the Book of Revelations, and be dropped onto the Earth causing massive destructions. If its dropped on the Atlantic Ocean then...
B. Ragnarok is likely to be a series of natural disasters including earthquakes, tornadoes, great fires, and will also include a great hailstorm covering the Earth as also described in Revelations. Plagues will walk the land, and starvation will occur from the death of all farms from the hailstorm covering the Earth. 
C. Ragnarok is a story of the return of evil gods, so any Ragnarok event must include the return of an evil god, maybe Loki, and an evil realm style castle. 
D. The Dragon Warrior version is the return of a demon lord or a dragon lord. So, of course there has to be this instead, but yeah he could have an evil style castle. 
E. The return of Ragnarok would include monster plagues, like Labyrinths sprouting up in every country. But since heroes don't exist, or are limited existences, things will get bad fast.
F. I've always been a fan of the Zombie Apocalypse version. Nothing is better than zombies! Drool...
G. The Russia and China invasion that all those Christian believers keep posting on the internet that they've been dreaming about for years. 

Please type in a response with your choice below and what you think the most likely combination would be. Picking two, or even 3 together is OK. It would be fun to get a description also. 

A fat man in a medieval  green tunic and a Robin Hood style feather cap stands at the desk in front of you, as you approach. His body is so wide, you could swear he was related to swine. Curiously you swear he looks rectangular and boxy for some reason also but you can't figure out why you have this impression. 

"Welcome to the wayfarer's inn, it costs 24 gold to stay the night. Would you like to stay?"

[Yes] or [No]

<<Insert corny 8 bit music here!>>

Re: In a dark fantasy, dystopian story, what is the likely proposed nature of Ragnarok?

Why does it have to be something that happened to the planet itself?

If the sun suddenly went out that could also bring about the apocalypse. 
In Indian mythology there is a monster who periodicaly swallows the Sun and the Moon named Rahu, bringing about eclipse. But due to having his head cut off by a god they always escape and shine in the sky again. 
Imagine if a being like that was whole again with his head attached to his body. He thrust the earth into eternal darkness by swallowing the Sun. Other than the environmental disasters every kind of evil hiding inside the darkness also woke up! 

B. T. W. I've never liked zombies much! They just don't do it for me. I'd much rather have any other monster than zombies.

april18 Wrote: Why does it have to be something that happened to the planet itself?

If the sun suddenly went out that could also bring about the apocalypse. 
In Indian mythology there is a monster who periodicaly swallows the Sun and the Moon named Rahu, bringing about eclipse. But due to having his head cut off by a god they always escape and shine in the sky again. 
Imagine if a being like that was whole again with his head attached to his body. He thrust the earth into eternal darkness by swallowing the Sun. Other than the environmental disasters every kind of evil hiding inside the darkness also woke up! 

B. T. W. I've never liked zombies much! They just don't do it for me. I'd much rather have any other monster than zombies.

This is really interesting!
New Reply