Re: Wizardry. Fantasy. World Building. Action and Adventure with a focus on characters.

I recently got into this website and I first started with Everybody loves large chests, as I think a lot of people here did. And while I do enjoy it, and it does have some pretty great writing, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Shortly after I found Forgotten Conqueror and quickly got up to the latest chapter. Now, I ain't exactly looking for an equally powerful main character, I mainly want a story about a wizard and his adventures. As well as indepth explanations on Magic and the world. One thing I will agree with from Forgotten Conqueror however is the fact that the MC is a no nonsense goes kinda guy. And well, rather rational at that. Which I enjoyed a lot.

I've read pretty much nothing else from this website and I don't mind reading stuff on Hiatus, as long as there is a lot of pages / chapters. 

I tried reading The Arcane Emperor but it seemed a little to easy. While it could be argued it was the same for the MC of Forgotten Conqueror, I feel they did it better. Maybe I'm wrong on this, as I only read 11 chapters. I'd be happy if someone told me I was wrong. Also the magic was a little bit too "video gamey". Which I usually wouldn't mind, but as I said, it felt a little too easy, if you get what I mean.

Sorry for the long explanation, I just wanted to make sure people understood what I was looking for to make it easier. I'm not really huge on comedy in books, either.

Re: Wizardry. Fantasy. World Building. Action and Adventure with a focus on characters.

Yavandir Wrote: The wandering inn
Brimstone fantasy
Lament of the fallen
Azarinth healer
Andur's stories (until death, transcendence, beyond and many many more)
Savage divinity 
Edit. Forgot about:
Mother of learning
Practical guide to evil ( you need to Google it)

Thanks a bunch, man. Really appreciate the recommendations. I'll slowly go through them.

While here, and since I don't want to make multiple threads and spam my crap, do you (or anyone else) have any recommendations on a similar sort of Fantasy Themed world, but instead of a wizard as the main character, a Ranger, Rogue or Thief. I read Night Ranger recently (A Translated Chinese Webnovel), which started perfectly in this theme. The protagonist, while skilled wasn't really overpowered and only have extenuating knowledge from a past life. And did rather well with the Stealth, Assassination and Thieving parts. Eventually however, the protagonist went a similar route to most Chinese Web Novels and just got insanely overpowered and it pretty much dropped the entire stealth part. I'd rather not read another Chinese, or Korean or Japanese book if it helps.

Ah, not to do a shameless plug or anything, but my novel "The Search for Knowledge" takes place on a fantasy world and has what you're looking for. I've only got a prologue and 8 chapters released so far, but it's ongoing and i do at least one chapter a week on sundays EST.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22035/the-search-for-knowledge

*Warning, full shameless plug*

You might look at my story "Missteps". I'm using Dungeons and Dragons mechanics in the story, but not the setting. There are no RPG elements in the story besides classes, races, and spells. The characters are "leveling" so they're on the way to being badass. Right now in the story they're sitting at level 3 if you know D&D 5e.

Veles Kir Wrote:
Yavandir Wrote: The wandering inn
Brimstone fantasy
Lament of the fallen
Azarinth healer
Andur's stories (until death, transcendence, beyond and many many more)
Savage divinity 
Edit. Forgot about:
Mother of learning
Practical guide to evil ( you need to Google it)

Thanks a bunch, man. Really appreciate the recommendations. I'll slowly go through them.

While here, and since I don't want to make multiple threads and spam my crap, do you (or anyone else) have any recommendations on a similar sort of Fantasy Themed world, but instead of a wizard as the main character, a Ranger, Rogue or Thief. I read Night Ranger recently (A Translated Chinese Webnovel), which started perfectly in this theme. The protagonist, while skilled wasn't really overpowered and only have extenuating knowledge from a past life. And did rather well with the Stealth, Assassination and Thieving parts. Eventually however, the protagonist went a similar route to most Chinese Web Novels and just got insanely overpowered and it pretty much dropped the entire stealth part. I'd rather not read another Chinese, or Korean or Japanese book if it helps.

My four main POVs are a political trickster (with magic pistols), bard/storyteller, a cultivating healer and an average noblewoman (no talents). I do keep the writing light, and it has a romantic arc. So ymmv