This thread is locked

Countdown Continues -2 : Third Event Submission

For more information: https://www.royalroad.com/blog/17/the-countdown-to-our-fifth-anniversary-has-begun

Create an ad that could be used by Royal Road. 

Use it to express what you think Royal Road is; it could be a drawing, video, script, screenshot, testimonials, or anything creative you can think of. 

Note that we might use the works submitted (so if you submit your work, do so under the understanding that you permit us to use it). 
This also means you need to have rights for any image used in the ad. 

Reward: $100(USD) to the top rated by the community.

Extended Deadline: November 14, 2018 (IDLW) (closed) 
Voting will begin on Nov 16

Note: You can reuse your CoverArt Submission   

Re: Countdown Begins -2 : Third Event Submission

this is just an "anything creative you can think of" idea not sure how it would turn out but just have people on the forums or something point out their favorite funny/weird/exciting/interesting lines/quotes from their faved stories and the ad would be the fading in and out of or the transitioning between different quotes on a simple background maybe with the story rating/stat for # of faves/cover art and if possible the ad links to the fiction page of the current quoted story

Admin Edit: Disqualified in its current stage. Don't suggest the idea, make the idea. 

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FdPpezgh.png
The blackspace is there to force it into an appropriate ad size but should ultimately be trimmed; I don't know how to do that without losing a lot of quality, so I left it in.
Special thanks to Everybody Loves Large Chest's author Exterminatus for having neat and well-done table "stat-screens", I edited one from the chapter "Connections 8" as a base.
edit: went ahead and did a centered version so the background was a bit less distracting.

https%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-KcGZ9ZpPkgs%2FW...%252BCut.png

I'm apologising in advance if you think I'm trolling lol.

Admin Edit: Disqualified, because of the cat. 

Edit: I fixed the size for you so you could enjoy the cat some more. Would it work if I put a penguin punching the cat?

Just for you, I did it. Better yet, he's holding up the cat with a samurai sword.

Admin Edit 2: Still disqualified, because the cat still looks majestic. 

Edit 2: What if I added in some blood for you?

Conclusion: I did it. 

Admin Edit 3: NO, that is animal cruelty, how can we make it an ad? we are good and positive, this does not represent us. 
Disqualified disqualified, disqualified. 

Edit 3: What if I put a disclaimer? "All individuals depicted in this ad are trained professionals, do not try this home. This ad is brought to you in the interest of comedy and none of the actions depicted represent animal cruelty at all. RIP KITTY :'("

You are one tough cookie to please Mr Admin.

PS. I hope you realized you brought this upon this professionally trained cat. All the cat wanted was to be a star. I even wrote a backstory for him.

BigMartyrs Wrote:
Durrendal Wrote:
Durrendal Wrote: I have a dream
 One day, there finally would be winners announced.

You too?
Man, I'm also waiting!

LOL did you just quote yourself? 

I think the fact that they didn't announce a winner means that they aren't in love with the current submissions.

Yes I did. The joke was too good to pass on.

They weren't supposed to though. Wasn't it voting based?

Durrendal Wrote:
BigMartyrs Wrote:
Durrendal Wrote:
Durrendal Wrote: I have a dream
 One day, there finally would be winners announced.

You too?
Man, I'm also waiting!

LOL did you just quote yourself? 

I think the fact that they didn't announce a winner means that they aren't in love with the current submissions.

Yes I did. The joke was too good to pass on.

They weren't supposed to though. Wasn't it voting based?

I think so.
Maybe after christmas?

Nah, I reckon new year at the least. Lets see what happens!
This thread is locked