Re: The Huddlers ( Dedicated Thread for newbie authors. )

MrZombie Wrote:
Wrote: Oh, that’s okay, I am in no hurry. Was just wondering if it is better to number the chapters as they released or keep them just as titles, and which hour window gives the better chance to be seen? So far I am scheduling a chapter a day at different hour to see if anyone reads it.

Number them is better, as for my taste because it looks cleaner and organizes.

As far as scheduling, different hours are better to give more exposure to your story since RRL has a worldwide audience.

I will keep scheduling every subsequent hour then. I am guessing it is about a week or two to find out that it is not going to fly?

Wrote:
MrZombie Wrote:
Wrote: Oh, that’s okay, I am in no hurry. Was just wondering if it is better to number the chapters as they released or keep them just as titles, and which hour window gives the better chance to be seen? So far I am scheduling a chapter a day at different hour to see if anyone reads it.

As far as scheduling, different hours are better to give more exposure to your story since RRL has a worldwide audience.

I will keep scheduling every subsequent hour then. I am guessing it is about a week or two to find out that it is not going to fly?

Actually, if it's a hit, it can be in as little as days. Spread your releases out a bit, keeping them constant, but don't flood. 

Your biggest break is day thirty, wehn you'll hit trending ( or be eligible ).  This will depend on the growth of your novel in the past 30 days, growth is measued in ratings, followers and favourites. Also, talk to your readers. Leave author's notes, reply to comments, have them coming back. 

just some tips i've found helpful. 

Wrote:
Wrote:
MrZombie Wrote:

Actually, if it's a hit, it can be in as little as days. Spread your releases out a bit, keeping them constant, but don't flood. 

Your biggest break is day thirty, wehn you'll hit trending ( or be eligible ).  This will depend on the growth of your novel in the past 30 days, growth is measued in ratings, followers and favourites. Also, talk to your readers. Leave author's notes, reply to comments, have them coming back. 

just some tips i've found helpful.

Okay, 30 days, thank you! I will push to that target. 

Bahahaha! My name is Bluebery and i request to join the Huddlers! 

I have been on Discord with the group for a couple days and oh my, what a nice place to be for a newbie writer!

I'm enjoying Daily Sprinting. 

And you know what? They helped me constructing a chant for my summoning magic! Cooool

This is my novel i'm writing:
[/url]
[url=https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22307/demon-lord-in-angels-clothing]D

Please take care of me from now on! 

Hello everyone, I'm Draphy! I've just started posting on this site, and it seems great so far ☺️. I'm a medical student, so time is often an issue, but interactions etc about once a week or a little more sounds awesome. The story I'm writing is called The World Changer. 
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22392/the-world-changer

It went through a major oerhaul recently and I have 3 more chapters ready (And one on the way) that I will publish weekly. I'm open to any critique, especially on character, plot, pacing etc as it's the first draft. Looking forward to getting involved here ^^!

Wrote: Hi! I've just joined this website a few days ago, have no clue how anything works yet, but I'm actively writing and pretty excited. How is royalroad with not-very-tradional fantasy?
This is my current project: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22393/the-long-night

I'd like to meet some people here, so let me know if you want to talk or would like to swap reviews :)

Make it interesting, ad they'll gobble up anything. 

Aslo, *sighs*, we now have a backlog to add. 
I'll get all of you new users added.....Tomorrow. XD