Re: The Huddlers ( Dedicated Thread for newbie authors. )

MrZombie Wrote: Welcome to RR and The huddlers, we love to have you around here. Great work on the Shadowrun, I love the game.

Thanks!  Yeah, Shadowrun is fantastic. I got lucky and got to know the live developer during 2nd edition on a Mailing List in the mid-90s, started showing up at conventions and pestering them, and eventually they started putting me to work. :)  I've been really lucky to have had the pleasure to work on the game line the last 20 or so years, off and on.

Wrote: I played the SNES game version of Shadowrun and also a bit of Shadowrun Returns, it's a nice experience. I like Jake Armitage, he's a cool main character :D /

Jake is awesome.  I was really glad to see him pop back up in SR:R.  I didn't work on the video games, but I'm friends with a lot of the folks who did. If you play (or played) SR: Hong Kong, the second sequel to Returns, my Shadowrun character/avatar Bull the Ork Decker has a cameo, which was really awesome :)

Quote:Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here. 

Rather than not liking it, I think people in here would like to have some of your insights to improve ourselves or simply to enjoy the process of writing better :)

Thanks!  I'm still breaking in here a bit.  I've been reading a lot of translated web fiction and Light Novels elsewhere (Fan Translations and on the WebNovel app), but I hadn't branched out to the English LitRPG stuff until recently.

Wrote: Wooah, I used to run SR 3&4 campaigns all the time back in the day. Welcome!

I'm gonna put it on my list.

Despite being on the design team for 5th edition (the current edition out), I think 3rd was the strongest rules set still.  Complicated, a bit cumbersome, but it worked so beautifully if you knew the rules well enough.  2nd/3rd was my prime time as a player myself. :)

*Edit* I see the forum software doesn't really like multiquotes.  Oops :)

Hi! I'm a new author looking to join. Using the current Nanowrimo to motivate myself to keep going on this story, and while it's only just begun, im really eager to see what comes out as i write, and hope to have others enjoy it as well.

Not sure if this is how im supposed to request to join, please forgive if im doing it wrong.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21435 is my story, i know theres not much yet but i promise to keep moving forward, and would love feedback.

tosanu Wrote: Hi! I'm a new author looking to join. Using the current Nanowrimo to motivate myself to keep going on this story, and while it's only just begun, im really eager to see what comes out as i write, and hope to have others enjoy it as well.

Not sure if this is how im supposed to request to join, please forgive if im doing it wrong.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21435 is my story, i know theres not much yet but i promise to keep moving forward, and would love feedback.

Welcome to the huddlers, L.Nimbus will add you to the roster. Good luck on NaNo

Heylo! 
My last three chapters, in my book, introduced a side character who is struggling with his emotions. In the last chapter, 17, he finally came to a decision. 
I put a lot of effort into refining those parts as an experiment to grow my craft. Ch 15 - 17.
Can i get a few volunteers to look over them and critic it. I want to know what i did good and what i did bad so i can work on them.

Gratitude,
(HeWhoHasReadItAll) Kazi223

SRWeaver Wrote: Just joined the room. I'm not new in terms of writing, but happy to support new writers.

I have written Beyond The Dreamer's Edge, Uploaded Fairy (currently editing), 21st Century Charlotte, and other stories. Currently working on Lidier's Game: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21476/lidiers-game

alright, i'll get you and the other new member added later today. 

Welcome. 

Hi Everyone!

I've been writing for fun for several years but I've decided to try my hand at LitRPG after reading a couple dozen books. As a way to improve my ability to write fiction, I decided to allow readers to choose how several aspects of the story develop via periodic polls. I wish I could say I did this to mimic an actual D&D campaign, but I did it because I thought it would be fun. I'd like to join this group because I like getting feedback, good or bad, and reading the work of amateur authors, especially those who go in new directions with worldbuilding, magic systems, or variations on the hero's journey. I'm willing to beta read for other authors and/or provide constructive criticism on projects.

Here's my story, I'm only about 10K words in so I haven't developed the setting or characters much yet but I'd love to get some feedback.
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21524/foreworlds-a-litrpg-story

A brief introduction to the story:
Thaddeus "Tad" Eccles gets a chance to be transported to a world where RPG game mechanics are the norm. But, as a price, he's given a mandatory quest which he is bound to do his best to fulfill. The portion of the world he's transported to is a mix between Tibet, China, and Rome. The magic system common there is based on Daoism and Onmyodo as opposed to European mysticism and alchemy. The magic systems vary massively depending on geographical location, though all combat classes are technically open to anyone in this world. One of the unique things in this setting is that human is the default race but you can change race by fulfilling various requirements. This is a big setting I'm working on and plan to write a number of stories in it so any help making it more consistent and appealing would be much appreciated.

The poll for choosing the pet/companion will be open for a couple days yet if any of you want to weigh in on it.

Wrote: Hello,
I'm beginner and I really want to improve my writing style. It's a bit challenging because english is my third language but I really love it.
I'm Ice_Rose and this is my fiction : The Dark Sword

Welcome, Rose. Around half of us were also non-native writers, but we are enjoying our life here as a begginner novelist. Don't forget to join our discord and come to chat with us. :)

For those working on a work in progress, I might recommend not joining a writing group just yet. At least until you've finished the first 20,000 words. There are some people that want tn encourage you to either stop writing, or stop that particular story at that particular point.

A story will gravitate toward the natural link it was meant to be, not based on some abrutrary word count set forth by "Agents United" or some other people that have ties toward the trade publication industry.

What I've learned is it doesn't really pay to post unfinished works in progress on places.