Re: How to get a Boyfriend

Well... It depends on a lot of parameters. But if I have one advice, it's "don"t wait". 

http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-m4BxamRwmmo%2FUp...nd-him.jpg

(The perfect meme for this situation) 

In our society, as girls, we often expect the boys to make the fist step. Some of them will, but keep in mind that a lot of boys are as shy as girls (if not more). In fear of rejection, they will not make a move and will keep sending you signals, waiting for you to react. In that case, if you're interested, you can either confront him about it, or play along. I suggest the latter, because if the guy is shy, you may scare him off if you suddenly confront him about his feelings and he might deny it. Besides, playing along allows you to get to know him better, and to know whether he's serious or not. But don't make the flirting games last too long. Flirting games are cute and exciting, but if they last too long, the other person may lose interest or think you're not taking them seriously. But then again, it's alway the question "who makes the first step?". If you see your partner won't make a move, don't wait, and do it instead. Because if you don't, you might wait for a very, very long time. After flirting back and forth, if you see everything went great (as long as you didn't misread any signals), there are very few chances that you will get rejected. Besides, girls who take initiative are sexy :p 
Ah, and i it works in both way. That was in the case a guy is (seemingly) interested in you, but if you're the one who's interested in someone else, you will have to be the one to initiate the flirting games. 

Oh, and there is also another way. Be straightforward Wink It's the scariest (especially for those who have little to no experience in love at all), yet the most efficient and most rapid way to get a partner. Go to the guy you like and ask him out on a few dates. If it goes well, perfect. You can get in a relationship. If not, it's fine. You can just stay friends and move on. And don't be afraid of rejections. You might (and probably will) get rejected a few times, but don't think too hard about it. It's life, it happens. The best thing you can do about it is to move on. Another good thing about being straightforward is that rejections will be much less hard to take than if you were playing flirting games (as you invested less time, enerdy and emotions).

And lastly, be freindly and joyful~ People in general (not just guys) are more attracted to people who are bright and always smiling than people who are gloomy ^^

Good luck~ (for your friend, obviously)

As a bloke I say find someone that strikes a balance.

A soyboy is no good they're whiny little runts.

A self described "Alfalfa" is no good they are dense as rocks

Make sure they are sociable and keep themselves well groomed

And most of all, do all of these things yourself.

You can look past some faults and so can men but make sure that they or you don't encourage those faults.

(We men also like it when women are straightforward because it means we don't have to read into things.)

I’m a guy, and while I don’t really speak for every male out there, I may as well share what little knowledge I have...

Before I even get into this, I suggest making sure the guy you’re interested in won’t take advantage of you, or treat you poorly. A good way to judge this is by looking at how he treats the other women in his life (mother, sister, etc.), because that’s likely how he will eventually treat you if your relationship becomes serious. 

My advice for getting a boyfriend:
Spend time together. You can fall in love with just about anyone if you spend enough time with them, and visa versa.
I may have a bias (being an introvert), but I’ve found that people who talk a lot are usually less interested in what you have to say, and more interested in how he (girls as well) can relate to you, while quieter people tend to have more interest in your personal stories/thoughts/feelings. Obviously there are exceptions, these are just unsupported generalizations based solely on my own experiences.
If you prefer louder, more outgoing people, finding a common ground is a good place to start, and after that you can work your way up from there. Also, sticking out in a positive way helps make you an easily recognizable face, one that they might miss when you’re not around Wink.
If you would rather have a quieter, more introverted boyfriend, then simply talking to them is usually the best place to start, however, make sure you don’t delve too deep into their personal life, since most “intuitive” personalities like their privacy. Depending on the personality type of that individual (which is usually harder to judge than an extroverted person), they could either be really dense, or completely understand exactly what you’re thinking. I honestly have no idea what you should do for the latter, but I just happen to be one of the dense personality types (INFP to be specific), and the best way for a girl to get me to seriously consider her as a romantic partner is by being completely straight-forward. However, being the cowards that we are, it’s probably best that you avoid surprising us, or you’ll most likely be turned down.

Well... that’s about all I can think of at the moment. Hope it’s helpful.

1% of guys go up to EVERY girl they see and ask them out ... you say yes, and they're out cheating on you the same night...

9% of guys will go and ask out 9/10 girls they are attracted to ... the players ... not the best long-term partners.

60% of guys will wait for that 'right time' to ask the 1/30th girl they found attractive (which is super, super hard since most girls look busy or distant most the time in public) ... then the rejection most the time.

30% of guys will NEVER talk to a girl ... because of recent social changes.

There's your list.  I'd say, be EASY to approach for the first 10 seconds, then play it cool and get to know them ... be easily approachable, but hard to reel in.  Do your **** test AFTER they approach, don't let the **** test be the approach ... you'll only get the players.

Wrote: "How the hell do I even get a girlfriend?"

My honest advice is to just be social, force yourself into situations where there are girls. Talk to them, make friends with them, and if you meet someone that you really click with ask them out. 

If they say no, take some time to recover emotionally (DON'T turn into a women hating neckbeard after this, please. A lot women just aren't gonna want to date you, and that's normal and fine. Just because you get rejected once, or even ten times, doesn't mean you're unattractive and hopeless), and meet more girls until you find another one you like. 
Repeat until one says yes.

At least, that's how I got a girlfriend.

Possumtail Wrote:
Wrote: "How the hell do I even get a girlfriend?"

My honest advice is to just be social, force yourself into situations where there are girls. Talk to them, make friends with them, and if you meet someone that you really click with ask them out. 

If they say no, take some time to recover emotionally (DON'T turn into a women hating neckbeard after this, please. A lot women just aren't gonna want to date you, and that's normal and fine. Just because you get rejected once, or even ten times, doesn't mean you're unattractive and hopeless), and meet more girls until you find another one you like. 
Repeat until one says yes.

I just wanted to comment, and say that this is very good advice. I don’t really have much more to say that would be very productive, but this is also a pretty good tactic to get a boyfriend as well, and the key for antisocial people to be social (this is coming from someone with an INFP personality who gets physically exhausted after an hour of normal human interaction) is (like he said) force yourself into situations where you have to be social. Even if your continuously awkward, it’s definately better than being alone all the time.

P.S. Google is a fantastic tool for learning how to talk to girls/guys, so don’t feel ashamed to look up some tactics on how to be more social/attractive/confident. That’s all, thanks for the awesome advice, possumtail!
New Reply