Re: What unpopular gaming opinions do you have?

meteoraguy Wrote: I guess there are cases where boss battles can get a bit too ridiculous. The Chinatown level in Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines drove me crazy. And I think my character was doomed from the start after getting out of the taxi. I should have focused on leveling up earlier in the game. The taxi ride is pretty much the point of no return.
Lol 

So true, yeah, some games have points like that. When I saw I did not even do an eighth of the boss life I think it was. I knew I was in for the long haul. The thing about the second Valkyrie Profile game, it is much easier dungeon navigation wise, puzzles and all. However, battles are far more difficult. They combined several elements into one. A tactical field, action/turn based. You are required to be paying attention, since battles can go a lot easier based on how you proceed the battle. You can’t just hack away. The first game was more noted for the difficult dungeons it had, but the battles were easier in comparison.

One of the things about the second game was that, leveling did next to no good. To increase your stats effectively, all of the characters you collect throughout the game. They would have to be saved for the end game dungeon, before releasing them perfectly for maximum benefits. However, this can only be done so many times, really narrowing down who you would be able to use. In all reality, just use a cheat and get stat boosting items to enjoy it, otherwise, it just isn’t rewarding enough like the first game. Even with cheating for stats, the game difficulty can get so busted, that the playing field isn’t in your favor either way.

meteoraguy Wrote: I guess there are cases where boss battles can get a bit too ridiculous.
Shoutout to the final boss and final boss of the DLC in CrossCode. Both take around 20 minutes to beat, they can take half your health with one hit, and you restart from the beginning if you die. They were, unironically, very fun.  peolove

With the proper build they become a lot easier, but very few people are gonna do that their first playthrough.

Ramingo Wrote:
meteoraguy Wrote: I guess there are cases where boss battles can get a bit too ridiculous.
Shoutout to the final boss and final boss of the DLC in CrossCode. Both take around 20 minutes to beat, they can take half your health with one hit, and you restart from the beginning if you die. They were, unironically, very fun.  peolove

With the proper build they become a lot easier, but very few people are gonna do that their first playthrough.
i be usin cheats lol.

Duskuro Wrote: Shrug. I'm not using the 1 hit kill cheat.
For Crosscode, the only reason for the cheat was for getting some new scenes into the story. It is pretty hilarious to use. Other than that, yeah, no fun in using it. The game over all, normally played, is quite challenging. However, I have seen and discovered exploits to skip parts of the game. 😐