Re: What unpopular gaming opinions do you have?

Edge Wrote: Nothing can be done about it, the players can do something, but enough has together and just decide not to buy any of their games. If I remember right, didn’t E.A had like a sports game that influenced gambling habits. Instead of pulling the game from some place, forgot where. They paid the fee instead? It was something about violating gambling laws.

Aren't a lot of games now getting into bother re gambling over loot boxes (and similar mechanics) because it subconsciously encourages addictive/gambling behaviour?

Ramingo Wrote: Paid DLCs are fine. There are some like a new home from CrossCode or any from Fallout: New Vegas that are worth any cent you give them and probably more.
The problem is when they are released soon after the release of the game. Or even during day one.
Hm... I dont see a problem with that... Course it is kinda odd since you expect the developers to be working on the base game until launch and not a DLC.

GTA Vice City is better than GTA San Andreas. My classmates literally hated me for that statement, lol. CJ's fanboys!

Another unpopular opinion is that CS:GO isn't better than CS: Source. Yeah, I know that people like the gameplay and the amazing graphics there, but I feel a lack of a challenge there. Anyway, the positive thing is the ability to buy various skins there. I don't buy skins for $1000 but sometimes spend my earning to buy beautiful guns and knives. One of my friends suggested buying skins on https://skinsmonkey.com/ because they have a great collection of skins. I see the prices there are reasonable, so I'm probably going to get some skins.

meteoraguy Wrote: Edgelord
nah i just suck at pvp so i decided not to even bother. not to mention i enjoy adventure. not being stuck in a few consistent maps constantly kiling each other over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  again

Duskuro Wrote: nah i just suck at pvp so i decided not to even bother. not to mention i enjoy adventure. not being stuck in a few consistent maps constantly kiling each other over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  again
Peeps used to call me a cheat, since I eventually became good enough to read every frame, and predict potential actions to come. When in reality,

1. In PvP games, especially action orientated ones somewhere along the lines of Blazblue for instance. Those kinds require knowing those frame rate of each character in order to gain maximum benefit. This takes a lot of practice really.

2. Players tend to spam the same thing over and over again. As a result, I eventually go into a secondary state with actions countering their movements. Never use the same thing repeatedly, it is only a matter of time before it is caught on.

I was a pretty terrible player as it is, peeps just made it easier due to doing the same thing over and over again, while I already knew the frame rates of the characters. It gets more complicated when studying what actions are used, and how far they would reach.

Edge Wrote: Duskuro Wrote:
nah i just suck at pvp so i decided not to even bother. not to mention i enjoy adventure. not being stuck in a few consistent maps constantly kiling each other over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  over and over and over  again

Peeps used to call me a cheat, since I eventually became good enough to read every frame, and predict potential actions to come. When in reality,

1. In PvP games, especially action orientated ones somewhere along the lines of Blazblue for instance. Those kinds require knowing those frame rate of each character in order to gain maximum benefit. This takes a lot of practice really.

2. Players tend to spam the same thing over and over again. As a result, I eventually go into a secondary state with actions countering their movements. Never use the same thing repeatedly, it is only a matter of time before it is caught on.

I was a pretty terrible player as it is, peeps just made it easier due to doing the same thing over and over again, while I already knew the frame rates of the characters.
so youre good at reading patterns. still. the thing I hate about pvp game sis "where syour sense of adventure" is it so fun staying in a friggin arena killing each other over and over again?

Duskuro Wrote: so youre good at reading patterns. still. the thing I hate about pvp game sis "where syour sense of adventure" is it so fun staying in a friggin arena killing each other over and over again?
Yep, think about it like an A.I learning. When I start off, I am incredibly sloppy, however, the more I observe those patterns, the sharper my precision becomes. Unfortunately, this is something I cannot solve. Which is why I am a pretty bad player, I need experience in dealing with specifics.

And I agree with ya there, a lot just play a game for the PvP. Quite a lot gets so carried away, that they forget it is just a game. Developers take advantage of the competitive ground, and may potentially break a game to increase profits. It can be a mess. I have avoided pretty much all MMO’s, or anything with PvP for a good while now. Nowadays, I play normal games more often than not. If there is a discord for it, I might join just to have fun with others. Though, the less competitive something is, the less toxicity encountered.

Edge Wrote: And I agree with ya there, a lot just play a game for the PvP. Quite a lot gets so carried away, that they forget it is just a game. Developers take advantage of the competitive ground, and may potentially break a game to increase profits. It can be a mess. I have avoided pretty much all MMO’s, or anything with PvP for a good while now. Nowadays, I play normal games more often than not. If there is a discord for it, I might join just to have fun with others. Though, the less competitive something is, the less toxicity encountered.
I like non server sided games cuz i can use cheats to infinity and beyond. Its such a shame they made a limit to guardian ranks in borderlands 3 when in borderlands 2 there was no limit to badass ranks. 

Duskuro Wrote: I like non server sided games cuz i can use cheats to infinity and beyond. Its such a shame they made a limit to guardian ranks in borderlands 3 when in borderlands 2 there was no limit to badass ranks.
If I remember right, that should be an online game as well. Limitations are usually in place in cases like those. I don’t like em. Still, there is one game that had seriously the most lucrative cheat defense on it or whatever you wanna call it. At least as far as I have seen. Valkyrie Profile 2.

That game, if you use a cheat, it would normally freeze the game. However, if you manage to get past this freezing mess. It was reported that it would become unplayable on Chapter 5. There was a very specific process to go through when working with cheats. Including having disabling the protection the game has in place. While doing what you need to do with the cheat in smaller ranges. Then saving, disabling the cheat, then restarting the game. 

The whole time, I was wondering, “Why this much defense for a single player game…?”

I will never know why…😐

Edge Wrote:
Duskuro Wrote: I like non server sided games cuz i can use cheats to infinity and beyond. Its such a shame they made a limit to guardian ranks in borderlands 3 when in borderlands 2 there was no limit to badass ranks.
If I remember right, that should be an online game as well. Limitations are usually in place in cases like those. I don’t like em. Still, there is one game that had seriously the most lucrative cheat defense on it or whatever you wanna call it. At least as far as I have seen. Valkyrie Profile 2.

That game, if you use a cheat, it would normally freeze game. However, if you manage to get pass this freezing mess. It was reported that it would become unplayable on Chapter 5. There was a very specific process to go through when working with cheats. Including having disabling the protection the game has in place. While doing what you need to do with the cheat in smaller ranges. Then saving, disabling the cheat, then restarting the game. 

The whole time, I was wondering, “Why this much defense for a single player game…?”

I will never know why…😐
Ya its so weird the amount of anticheat on games sometimes.

Duskuro Wrote: Ya its so weird the amount of anticheat on games sometimes.
The game also had something in place, with each time you beat it, it gets harder up to 50 times. By 50 times, or maybe long before. The game hasn’t been tested for balance it seems, you would need to do very specific, and tedious methods to win. Honestly, at that point. To even get to the max difficulty, you’d want to use a cheat to breeze through the game. 

Honestly, not sure what they were thinking at the time. Well, some players managed to do it, somehow. 😐

meteoraguy Wrote: Yes, it's almost like they're games and not sandboxes.
Val said screw it in the Seraphic Gate, and cheated a bit by boosting his stats. To a point of reasonability. However, even then, the difficulty of that damn end game dungeon had me using save states. Very specific things had to happen, in all honesty I woulda gone back and boost my stats even more. However, it was kind of a tedious process to get back to the boss on the bottom floor, so, he just left everything to chance. 😐

That game is no joke with its difficulty.

The final battle, only one character can damage the boss sufficiently enough. Icing on top? The boss can instant kill…as well as wreck your entire team…