Re: What unpopular gaming opinions do you have?

Just some thoughts out of my head.

1. I don't understand the need of a pre-pubescent hero/heroines that can't wipe their noses clean or get their asses whooped by the local kid or even forgetting to their house chores to be a world saviour. I mean, they can't and won't do shit for themselves and others and now thrust into the world-saving quest just because... just because? Are the adults in the world too hopeless, stupid, carefree or lackadaisical to even do the right thing and has to send some random 'special' kids into doing their jobs for them?

If the devs said its because the game is targeted for kids, I need what they are smoking. That's asinine.

2. Regarding (1), a grim dark story with kids as the main cast. Most kids can't stand blood or stench of anything rotten. So, why should the game be the same - kids game should be cheerful, happy and with quests that speaks about cultures and morals. Saving the world is too big of an issue for a kid.

3. A -dere type of girls that scattered around in games that is not visual novel.

4. Typical representation of class. Thief - small and agile. Warrior - big piece of brainless muscle. Wizard/Magic user - smart, condescending, frail. Ministers - always scheming, always having ulterior motives. Kings/Queens - too stupid to notice the insubordination.

5. Western games - the MC must have sex everywhere he/she goes. Japanese games - the MC must have his/her own harem. All these while the world is going to get destroyed in a week and enemies all around them.

Assassin's Creed Origins wasn't that good. It was boring, story is trash and characters too. It was only beautiful to see without it actually being fun.

LoL, Wow, Overwatch and every single royal battle game are overrated.

CoD games have the WORST community of all times.

Multiplayer shouldn't be on EVERY game. Fallout should be single player only...

Fallout 4 was incredible... and disappointing too. Devs have been lazy and it could have been one a the greatest game ever with more work. There are WAY too much moments in it where you're just like 'ok.... and ??????' coz you find something that could be very very cool and nothing happens.

Third person is a crutch to allow players to feel safe in pvp and hard pve content, it makes risk reward mechanics worthless. If you can keep you character completely in cover and still gain intelligence that could precise the upper hand in a situation without risking yourself tan that is practically cheating.

All advantages in combat should come at a risk to the character. You want to see something you gotta poke your head out and risk getting shot, anything less and you are robbing yourself of all the fun and challenge a good pvp or hard pve encounter has, you are cheepining the experience.

Also Mortal Online is the best Mmorpg ever made.

I dont play too many games so.... Yeah.

- what the heck is fortnight and why is the community so cancerous when i see it
- ditto for PuBG.
- ditto for most FPS's and MMO's, really. 
- microtransactions are suck.
- lootbox mechanics are gambling.
- i dont really get skins all that much since most of them dont really interest me, especially since I'm a F2P guy and most look ridiculous.
- DLC is also stupid. If I'm gonna buy a game, I want a complete game, not some half baked cardboard box which needs successive updates to even run right. Additional content to an already complete game is fine by me though since the initial release was actually a game, not some demo dressed up as a game.
- what the heck is up with people raging over excessive rig specs? I personally dont need all the fancy stuff. I agree the experience of graphics and effects would be nice if I could get them to work, but i dont play nearly enough to really care at this point.
- games are games, not movies. I dont want 15-30 minute long cutscenes when im trying to figure out the dang control scheme not even 10 minutes into the "game". I'm looking at you, Assasin's Creed (cant remember which but it was on my uncle's PS3 as i recall).
- ragers: yes, i am in fact a noob so get off your high horse and teach me if you're hot shit. 

I dont play too many games so.... Yeah.

- what the heck is fortnight and why is the community so cancerous when i see it
- ditto for PuBG.
- ditto for most FPS's and MMO's, really. 
- microtransactions are suck.
- lootbox mechanics are gambling.
- i dont really get skins all that much since most of them dont really interest me, especially since I'm a F2P guy and most look ridiculous.
- DLC is also stupid. If I'm gonna buy a game, I want a complete game, not some half baked cardboard box which needs successive updates to even run right. Additional content to an already complete game is fine by me though since the initial release was actually a game, not some demo dressed up as a game.
- what the heck is up with people raging over excessive rig specs? I personally dont need all the fancy stuff. I agree the experience of graphics and effects would be nice if I could get them to work, but i dont play nearly enough to really care at this point.
- games are games, not movies. I dont want 15-30 minute long cutscenes when im trying to figure out the dang control scheme not even 10 minutes into the "game". I'm looking at you, Assasin's Creed (cant remember which but it was on my uncle's PS3 as i recall).
- ragers: yes, i am in fact a noob so get off your high horse and teach me if you're hot shit. 

I just tend to like the games other people did not more than the super-hits. I loved Jade Empire, Dragon Age 2, Andromeda, Tyranny, Technomancer and AC Unity to bits, while stuff like Prey, Inquisition, Bayonetta, Witcher, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy etc did not really appeal to me.

Sometimes, I do like a very popular game, like the rest of the Mass Effect or the first Creed, but on the whole I am more into niche and obscure. 

I also do not like it when people tell me “omg, but you did not even try it!” Or “you only played for 2 hrs!”. Because, if I hated the first two hours, if I only force myself to play for 20, I will start loving it? Meh.

1. Stop making games with massive and incessant side-quests while abandoning the soul of your main story.

2. For this reason, Final Fantasy XIII was an amazing game (and one of the top five FFs) solely for it's fantastic story, ending, and unrivaled graphics. [ish looks beautiful even after 10 years. Sometimes I even catch myself debating if I enjoy looking at its cutscenes more than FFXVs overall game. Gibbe the same quality and FF7's remake will rule eternal.)

3. Red Dead Redemption's yee-haw yippity accents make me want to take an ice pick to my ear drums.

4. Broken Age was perfect in every way and Marek was an icon.

5. Civ 6 makes 0 fucking sense.

6. Assassin's Creed 3 had some fun ideas and enjoyable gameplay additions despite Embryo-murica cultural wasteland.

7. The PS3 was the best console, but people were salty because it got away from the thing that makes Sony great: the actual games. And Xbox is currently wallowing in the same trap.

New Reply