Re: What unpopular gaming opinions do you have?

I have many of them:

• Dark Souls is trash. Slow, boring and clunky.

• Persona 3 is meh, too repetitive.

• Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne has terrible characters and narrative, only somewhat saved by its gameplay and dungeon design.

• Danganronpa is dumb, because you need to play stupid mini-games to explain obvious facts you've already figured out before the court even began.

• Sometimes loot lockouts are necessary in a game.

• Easier/faster is not better.

• Open World PvP should be available in more games. (There are so many ways to make it work. I think devs are just lazy.)

• Battlegrounds and structured PvP are not "inferior" to open world PvP.

• PvE should not allow you to make any modicum of progress toward PvP gear.

• The DmC remake isn't that bad, and was actually pretty fun.

• Bayonetta doesn't "undo" anyone's strides toward gender equality. Come on. She's a total badass woman.

Ok, I got a bunch.

• Even the Bible that Electronic Arts gave Call of Duty still didn't cause a miracle like making CoD a decent game.

• Path of Exile is a shit game for first-time MMORPG players.

• Arma 3 is both more intense and better as a true Military FPS than Battlefield and CoD combined.

• CS:GO is overrated.

• CoD isn't a bad game.

• Call of Duty has the best online community of all time.

• Paragon was better than Dota 2 and LoL.

• Quake is the best Competitive FPS of all time.

• Fortnight is a shit game compared to PUBG.

• If there wasn't the nostalgia from old people (like 40-50-year-old), the "Classics" from consoles like Nintendo 64 would never be played in this century.

• Warthunder>World of Tanks, Warships, and Warplanes.

• World of Tanks, Warships, and Warplanes should just combine and make a large scale war sorta game like Warthunder but better.

• World of Tanks, Warships, and Warplanes need to be more realistic.

And that's it. There is one sarcastic opinion (meaning I am just joking about that fact) so let us see if anyone can find it lol.

Well, I have a few of those.

• Skyrim is better than Oblivion.

• Daggerfall is the best Elder Scrolls game.

• Two Worlds is not actually a bad game.

• Sandbox, old-school MMOs >>>>> Nowadays shit themepark MMOs

• The Assassin's Creed series is actually enjoyable (even installments like Rogue and Unity), if you don't look too deep

• Brutal Legend is the best music-related game ever

• Pathologic is one of the best games ever (despite its flaws and obscurity).

The quality of new games is at its lowest point ever. Sure there are some good ones every year, but the AAA companies release the same re-skinned BS year after year. I can't stand that people by into all the trash that comes out from companies like activision, ubisoft, EA, Dice ect every single year. How many re-skins of the same COD game can you get and not feel like you've been scammed? The fact that people even go so far as to purchase microtransactions and stuff just makes it worse. The companies don't even need to try and make good games, they've got millions of fanatics queuing up for what is practically the same game as the year before.

The gaming industry is run by businessmen not gamers. The people making the decisions don't care about game quality as long as people are buying the brand. The day people stop spending their cash on the bare-bone re-skins is the day that these companies will get their fingers out their arses and start making some quality games again.

Just look at starwars battlefront. Somehow they managed to butcher one of my favour franchises. Like, how do you mess that one up with the type of budget they had? They just don't care. They even add pay to win, just to top it off.

Wrote: The quality of new games is at its lowest point ever. Sure there are some good ones every year, but the AAA companies release the same re-skinned BS year after year. I can't stand that people by into all the trash that comes out from companies like activision, ubisoft, EA, Dice ect every single year. How many re-skins of the same COD game can you get and not feel like you've been scammed? The fact that people even go so far as to purchase microtransactions and stuff just makes it worse. The companies don't even need to try and make good games, they've got millions of fanatics queuing up for what is practically the same game as the year before.

The gaming industry is run by businessmen not gamers. The people making the decisions don't care about game quality as long as people are buying the brand. The day people stop spending their cash on the bare-bone re-skins is the day that these companies will get their fingers out their arses and start making some quality games again.

Just look at starwars battlefront. Somehow they managed to butcher one of my favour franchises. Like, how do you mess that one up with the type of budget they had? They just don't care. They even add pay to win, just to top it off.

I feel you on all that. It's been about the bottom line for a long time. I still have some hope for fighting games though, since one of Namco's lead producers actually goes to tournaments and interacts with his community online, and I see similar things from Ed Boon. But the shooter genre is dead to me and CRPGs are hanging by a thread. There's still cool indie games coming out. Fox n Forests and Bloodstained are retro style platformers from my dreams. Reflex was a fantastic arena shooter, that no one plays Sad

Wrote: I feel you on all that. It's been about the bottom line for a long time. I still have some hope for fighting games though, since one of Namco's lead producers actually goes to tournaments and interacts with his community online, and I see similar things from Ed Boon. But the shooter genre is dead to me and CRPGs are hanging by a thread. There's still cool indie games coming out. Fox n Forests and Bloodstained are retro style platformers from my dreams. Reflex was a fantastic arena  shooter, that no one plays Sad

I don't play fighting games all that much, but I can see why you have some confidence if they have producers so involved with the community. The only RPG I've had fun with for years are the two divinity original sin games. 

Definitely agree on the indie game side. There are some really good developers out there. Some AAA companies still make good games too, just wish there were more. 

The best star wars game ever made is a mod to an old game called Jedi Knight jedi academy, and the mod is called Moviebattles II.

Also, I don't get LoL, DotA 2 and other moba games, and I think battle royal games are over-rated. Also, vanilla WoW through Wotlk was the best WoW has ever been, and it has been declining ever since.

Kotor II was better than kotor I.

I don't care for final fantasy games or mario games and I find pokemon boring.

Path of exile is far superior to diablo III

Oblivion was better than morrowind, and skyrim was better than oblivion and all the games are shit without mods.

Witcher 3 is an over-rated game but still good.

Party RPGs like Divinity original sin 2 are less interesting to me than single player RPGs where you focus all your attention on one person and have that be your embodiment in that world.

Tyranny was a bad game.

FPS games are boring to watch. CSGO was better in the past around 2014-2015.

Counter-strike source was better than counter-strike 1.6

Igo/baduk/weiqi is the best board game in the world and chess can't hold a candle to it, neither can shogi or xiangqi.

I am bored of games that pigeon-hole you into the role of physically weak wizard, or muscle-brained fighter. Why not combine and cross-over and have more free skill systems where you can combine physical and magical abilities with whatever weapon you like.

In an MMORPG, I don't think guys should play female characters and vice versa. False advertisement! Males should play male characters and females should play female characters.

The real life story of assassin's creed games is shit and turns me off massively and I want nothing to do with it. I just want to play as Ezio or Altair or whomever else.

Dark souls is over-rated.

Vampyr wasn't a bad game despite the inclusion of an immense amount of SJW pandering tropes and bugs. I quite enjoyed it and I thought Aloysius dawson's wall-building was fucking hilarious even though it was obviously a dig at  Trump.

There are no "Fallout"s after New Vegas.   Seriously, Bethesda can't even get the vault doors right...  They're backwards.  (Check compare the Fallout 1 and 2 doors to Fallout 3.  Original doors would weather the pressure wave from a nuclear blast and press against their frame to form a better seal.  The Fallout 3 doors would blow off inwards with nothing to support them.)

Fortnite was better as a PvE only game.

There a NO good to the player reasons for microtransactions.  (Plenty if you want to make money.)

Lootboxes and more are all just unregulated gambling and Skinner Box psychology.

If you tie your physics/game logic simulation system to the graphical frame rate of your game...  You suck as developers and should leave the industry to make room for people who know what they are doing.  Seriously, Carmageddon on the PC had software based 3D engine and full physics engine that worked just fine regardless of the visual frame rate...  Back in 1997...  On Pentium 60Mhz's...  Half-life didn't marry physics to visual frame.   The hell is all ya'll's excuses?

Most big industry developers just don't understand anymore...

New Reply